Bullying in schools: Doctors' responsibilities
- Long-term dangers in bullying. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Winter1994, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the psychological effects of bullying in Australian schools. Opinion by Professor Peter Smith of Sheffield University in England; Likelihood for bullying victims to suffer depression and experience difficulties with relationships.
- Situational and interpersonal correlates of anxiety associated with peer victimization. Slee, Phillip T. // Child Psychiatry & Human Development;Winter94, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p97
Presents a study of the nature of peer bullying among primary school children to understand the anxiety generated by victimization. Assessment for social-evaluative anxiety associated with peer victimization at school; Association of victimization with fear of negative evaluation amongst males...
- Bitching is bullying. // Australia's Parents;Jul95, Issue 85, p90
Reports on the psychological damages caused by girl-to-girl bullying in Australia. Practices used by girls in bullying; Importance of recognizing the problem; Suggestions to resolve bullying.
- Bullying in school: are short pupils at risk? Questionnaire study in a cohort. Voss, Linda D.; Mulligan, Jean // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/04/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7235, p612
Presents information on a study which explored the psychological effect of bullying in schools. Subjects, methods, and results; Comment.
- Editorial Note: The Context of Peer Victimization. Power, Thomas J. // School Psychology Review;2007, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p343
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by researcher Catherine Bradshaw on bullying and victimization in schools and another by researcher Melissa Holt on victimization in child development.
- Bullying and violence. Headley, Sue // Youth Studies Australia;Dec98, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p48
Presents an abstract of the article `Fighting and weapon-carrying among seventh-grade students in Massachusetts and Louisiana,' by M.K. Malek, B.H. Chang, et al from the `Journal of Adolescent Health' dated 1998.
- Who Is a BULLY? Kellaher, Karen // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;1/31/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p2
The article offers information on bullying.
- Keep Your Power. Wilson, Robert // PA Times;Mar2010, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p29
The article presents recommendations on how to fend off bullying which include laughing it off, faking as if it does not bother you and redirecting the teasing to the bully.
- Bullied to the Brink. Entin, Carli // Scholastic Math;2/21/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p8
A quiz about the reactions of students towards bullying is presented.