Tags: MEDICAL literature
- New subscription Web service, controlled journals launched. // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the launching of several medical journals and Internet service primarily for physicians in the United States. Publication of the journal `Clinical Advisor,' from the Cortland Group; Inaugural issue of `Strategic Medicine'; Launching of `MD Consult' in the Internet; Launching of the...
- Media news. // Medical Marketing & Media;Nov97, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on developments concerning medical publications as of November 1997. JAMA Migraine Information Center launched by the `Journal of the American Medical Association' on the World Wide Web; American Heart Association's weekly publication `Circulation.'
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;May95, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p180
Presents the abstract of the article entitled `Critical Evaluation of Clinical Research,' by Katz et al published in the 1995 issue of the `Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation' periodical concerning the validity of medical literature.
- Minerva. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/6/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7035, p920
Presents several excerpts from several medical literature concerning several topics. Includes an excerpt from the 1996 issue of the `New England Journal of Medicine' periodical regarding the risk of cancer in women treated for Hodgkin's disease in childhood; Excerpt from the 1996 issue of the...
- Selection. Paton, Alex // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/20/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7037, p1047
Looks at several medical books. `Concern for Europe's Tomorrow,' by the World Health Organization; `Psychiatry at a Glance,' by Cornelius Katona and Mary Robertson; `Community Rehabilitation Services for People With Disabilities'; `Ethical Foundations of Health Care,' by Jane Singleton and...
- Minerva. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/04/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7039, p1176
Presents several excerpts from medical literature and periodicals concerning several topics in medicine. Includes an excerpt from the 1996 issue of the `New England Journal of Medicine' periodical concerning cardiac causes of sudden death in young adults; Excerpt from the 1996 issue of the...
- Selection. Paton, Alex // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/26/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7064, p1091
Lists medical books available in Great Britain. Includes `Smoking and Health' edited by Richard Doll and John Crofton; `Practical Sonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology'; `Ethnicity and Health in England.'
- Sound bites from the literature. // Patient Care;9/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p18
Presents information on medical information lifted from various medical publications. Includes efficacy of aspirin in reducing cardiac mortality; Absence of correlation between vitamin B6 and carpal tunnel syndrome; Confirmation that maternal smoking is a risk factor for sudden infant death...
- The private life of systematic reviews. Roberts, Ian; Schierhout, Gill // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);09/13/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7109, p686
Discusses several aspects of systematic review of medical literature. Dependency of the conduct of a systemic review on enlisting the cooperation of the trialists who provide the data; Difference between unpublished and published studies; Opportunity for trialists to comment on the quality of...