Accent on youth
- Recipe for a wild Friday night along the creekside. Bearden, Rebecca // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/ 2/2014, p2
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of arranging a Friday night youth activity with two 12-year-old boys who love to explore, a creek full of late summer flood water, and a homeless kitten.
- Next-Generation Thinking. Dorn, Jonathan // Backpacker;Aug2007, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p17
The article presents the author's views regarding the importance of outdoor recreation during childhood development and discusses outdoor programs for youth in Vermont and Connecticut.
- Bridging the Generation Gap With Partnerships. Case Sr., Mark H. // Camping Magazine;May/Jun2004, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p0
Discusses the importance of project partnerships between youths and adults in camping programs. Types of challenges encountered by camping programs; Steps to take when forming partnerships among youth and adults; Importance of youth involvement in project planning.
- Information Is Power. Henderson, Karla; Scanlin, Marge // Camping Magazine;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p1
Presents the results of studies on camping in the U.S. Average salary of staff at sponsored camps in 2003; Types of sponsors of camps; Role of camping in youth development.
- Do You Know What Your Outcomes Are? Arnold, Mary Olszewski; Bourdeau, Virginia D.; Nagele, Janet // Camping Magazine;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p1
Provides information on a research that examined the impact of Oregon 4-H residential camp programs on positive youth development. Interrelated attributes comprising the camp; Important aspects of conducting program evaluations at multiple sites; Results of the research.
- Wanted: Ten-year-old. Hill, Gene // Field & Stream;Apr94, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p10
Describes the pleasure of exploring nature with children. Innate curiosity of children; Teaching the processes of nature to children; Telling stories to children; Honesty of children; Trusting nature of children; Absence of prejudice and bias; Importance of attitude.
- Texas Youth Hunt. Davis, Bryan // NBS Nation's Best Sports Fish & Hunt;Fall2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p58
Presents a youth hunt on the Chenault-Apache Ranch in Texas from October 25 and 26, 2003. Preparations made before the hunt; Details of the Texas Youth Hunting Program; List of sponsors of the hunt. INSETS: Special Thanks;Texas Youth Hunting Program.
- Youth Experience: Effect on Participation in Recreational Activities. Buse, Reuben C.; Enosh, Nava // Land Economics;Nov77, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p468
This article explores the effect of youth recreation experience on participation in outdoor recreation activities in the U.S. The existence of a certain pattern of outdoor recreation activities and participation by individuals in a specific activity depend upon many variables, which ca be group...
- Camp established. Stevens, Stephanie // Raven's Eye;Sep2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p8
This article presents information related to the Akisqnuk Rediscovery Camp in the White Swan area for aboriginal youth. Robert Firth, community healing coordinator at the Akisqnuk Health Centre in Windermere, planned and formulated this camp. The White Swan area is a highly significant and...