The grey ghost
- The Periodic Invasions of Goshawks Allez, George; Mueller, Helmut C.; Berger, Daniel D. // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Oct1977, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p652
No abstract available.
- On the tail of the red goshawk. Czechura, Gregory // Wildlife Australia;Autumn95, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p24
Describes the red goshawk, a mysterious bird found in Australia. Physical appearance of the bird; Closest relatives; Preferred environment; Behavior during flight; Contact information for sighting of the bird.
- Red goshawk. Debus, Stephen // Nature Australia;Summer96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on the red goshawk, Erythrotriochis radiatus. Red goshawk as the rarest and most threatened bird of prey of Australia; Habitat; Predatory skills; Distribution. INSET: Picking the right red (identification of the red goshawk)..
- Otomyine rodent refuge habitat: does it represent habitat quality for pale chanting-goshawk families? // South African Journal of Wildlife Research;2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1/2, p49
Presents information on a study which examined the refuge habitat of the dominant rodent prey of family-living pale chanting-goshawks in the Little Karoo, South Africa. Diet; Ecological variables; Habitat parameters; Benefits of residing in the Little Karoo.
- Territory and nest defence in polyandrous pale chanting goshawks: Do co-breeders help? Malan, G.; Jenkins, A.R. // South African Journal of Zoology;Oct96, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p170
Investigates the behavior of polyandrous and monogamous pale chanting goshawks Melierax canorus. Reasons for its investigations; Information on the polyandrous trios; Methodology used to conduct the investigation; Results of the investigation.
- Designed to THRILL. Czechura, Greg // Wildlife Australia;Spring2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p30
Provides information on the Red Goshawks, members of the genus Accipiter family of birds. Description; Behavior; Habitat.
- Faked falcons. // New Scientist;7/8/95, Vol. 147 Issue 1985, p11
Reports on the DNA findings on the validity of claimed parentage of goshawks and peregrine falcons registered by falconers in 1993. Views of Peter Robinson in the news bulletin of the British Trust for Ornithology.
- Effects of experimental food supplementation on movements of juvenile northern goshawks (Accipiter gentilis atricapillus). Kennedy, Patricia L.; Ward, Johanna M. // Oecologia;Jan2003, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p292
Presents a correction to the article "Effects of Experimental Food Supplementation on Movements of Juvenile Northern Goshawks (Accipiter Gentilis Atricapillus)," by Patricia L. Kennedy and Johanna M. Ward that was previously published in the December 10, 2002 issue of "Oecologia."
- THE GAY GOS-HAWK. Grierson, Elizabeth W. // Tales From Scottish Ballads;1/1/1906, p21
The tale "The Gay Goshawk" is presented.