Spreading chestnut (and butternut) trees
- Butternut – A Good Friend To A Small Woodland Owner. Greason, Michael C. // Conservationist;Nov/Dec86, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p42
Features the butternut tree. Benefits to humans and wildlife; Techniques of planting the tree; Uses of the butternut lumber.
- The memory tree. Freeman Jr., Castle // Yankee;Nov98, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p54
Relates author's observation on the slow death of the butternut tree on the middle of their backyard. Cause of the death of the tree; Hiring of a tree cutter to made the job of taking down the tree; Memories of the tree.
- Somatic embryogenesis in butternut, Juglans cinerea Pijut, Paul M. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;May1993, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p835
No abstract available.
- MAGIC MUSHROOMS. // Muscle & Fitness;May2014, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p86
A recipe for "Wild Mushroom and Butternut Barlotto" is presented.
- Properly cured nuts can be stored for at least a year. // South County Journal;10/10/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 41, pD5
The article offers information on how to handle nuts such as walnuts, butternuts and hickories like cleaning and storing as soon as they mature and are harvested.
- 25 BEST THINGS TO EAT in Calgary. Rosendaal, Julie Van // Avenue: Calgary;Mar2013, p89
The article list 25 best things to eat in Calgary and that includes Fior Di Latte from White Gold Cheese Factory, Bagels from Montreal Bagels and butternut crunch from Barb Davenport Sensations.
- Vegetative and Adaptive Traits Predict Different Outcomes for Restoration Using Hybrids. Crystal, Philip A.; Lichti, Nathanael I.; Woeste, Keith E.; Jacobs, Douglass F.; Jiasheng Wu; Jinfeng Chen // Frontiers in Plant Science;11/22/2016, Vol. 7, p1
Hybridization has been implicated as a driver of speciation, extinction, and invasiveness, but can also provide resistant breeding stock following epidemics. However, evaluating the appropriateness of hybrids for use in restoration programs is difficult. Past the F1 generation, the proportion of...
- 'tis the season for salad. Roux, Margaret Zainey // New Orleans Homes & Lifestyles;Wintter2012, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p16
A recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash Salad is presented.
- Salvaging Endangered Butternuts. Stephenson, Sue // Blazing Star;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p9
The article offers information on the efforts being made by Greg Humphreys, a green wood turner, to protect the woodlots of Butternuts by creating artistic bowls from the cut down woods of butternut which were cut down in the process of extension of the Highway 404, Toronto.