Dear New Yorker
- Performance of indicators derived from abundance estimates for detecting the impact of fishing on a fish community. Trenkel, Verena M.; Rochet, Marie-Joelle // Canadian Journal of Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences;Jan2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p67
Examines the performance of population and community indicators derived from abundance estimates for detecting the impact of fishing on the Celtic Sea groundfish community. Change in fishing mortality required to reverse population growth rate; Biodiversity index; Proportion of noncommercial...
- Fishing: The great leveller. Booth, Glen // Asian Business Review;May95, p78
Discusses the reason for the popularity of fishing in Australia. Overseas popularity of Australian fishing reefs; Major fishing destinations; Fish species found in Australia.
- What a bass taught me about bass. Circle, H. // Boys' Life;Jul89, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p18
Recounts the secrets learned from a fish when the author was young. The bass was put in a small pond so he was able to study the habits of the fish.
- Fish head trophy. Shiner, D. // Boys' Life;Jul89, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p56
Gives directions on how to mount the head of a fish on a board. Materials needed; How to dry the head.
- Wanted Ophiodon elongatus, alias the lingcod. Csatari, J. // Boys' Life;Aug89, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p51
Summarizes the fishing trip that Boy Scout Troop 32, Brookings, Ore., took last summer that turned out to be fun, but no fish were caught.
- Uncle Homer's fishing tips. Circle, H. // Boys' Life;Dec89, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p20
Gives advice to fishermen on a variety of topics that can make the sport easier and more enjoyable, from controlling backlashes on a level-wind reel to size of lures for finicky fish.
- Kansas catfishing. Pryce, D. // Boys' Life;Apr90, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p37
Reports on Eureka, Kans.'s Troop 216's fishing trip on the Fall River. Types of fish caught; Bait used; Helpful fishing instructions for catfish. INSET: Catties, suckers and others..
- Weird fish. Rozek, M. // Boys' Life;Apr90, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p16
Examines several types of oddball fish that have one or more unusual features that they have developed to help them survive. Electric fish; Lantern fish; Lungfish; Porcupine fish; Archerfish.
- Fishing for lifelong fun. Hood, R.E. // Boys' Life;Jul90, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p20
Describes the hobby and sport of fishing. How to get started; Bait used; Number of anglers in the United States; Description of a fisherman; Where to go fishing; What to do the first time out.
- How to nail bass. Circle, H. // Boys' Life;Jul90, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p18
Describes a new type of lure to catch bass using nails. Type of nail used; How it is used; Ways to fish with this lure.