Art & artifacts
- Profiles of history. // American History;Jun95, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p18
Features various exhibitions on American history in the United States. Includes the `Federal Profiles: Saint-Memin in America, 17389-1814' exhibition at the Smithsonian Institution's National Portrait Gallery until May 29, 1995; `Singing the Clay: Pueblo Pottery of the Southwest Yesterday and...
- Art & artifacts. // American History;May/Jun96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p68
Offers information on exhibitions of art and artifacts of American history. Includes the exhibition `In Search of Frederic Remington' at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming through July 31, 1996; `Play Ball!' exhibition at the Brooklyn Historical Society through December 1996;...
- Introduction. Filene, Benjamin; Horrigan, Brian // Journal of American History;Dec2009, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p777
The article presents an introduction to the issue's section of exhibition reviews, including those of the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D.C., at the Shenandoah National Park, and one regarding the 1915 Leo Frank lynching.
- What's Up. Callard, Abby // Smithsonian;Dec2009, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p28
The article presents a list of American history exhibitions including one displaying the evolution of photography at the American History Museum, one on the influence of Africans on Mexican culture at the Anacostia Community Museum, and one on winners of the "Nature's Best Photography" contest...
- Introduction. Filene, Benjamin; Horrigan, Brian // Journal of American History;Dec2010, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p735
The article presents information on various exhibitions reviewed in the issue, including "Forgotten Gateway: Coming to American Through Galveston Island," by Carlos Kevin Blanton, the "African Burial Ground National Monument" and the "Oakland Museum of California."
- 'Our Plain Duty' - American d�j� vu. Keegan, Theresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p3
The article reviews the exhibition "Our Plain Duty" at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Museum in Hyde Park, New York.
- From Revolution to Republic. // USA Today Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 135 Issue 2743, p8
The article reviews the exhibition "From Revolution to Republic in Prints and Drawings," at the New York Public Library in New York City.
- ON EXHIBIT. // American Heritage;May2001, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p13
Features exhibits focusing on American history showing as of May 2001 and run through September 30, 2001 in the United States. 'Preserving Our Charters,' at the National Archives & Records Administration in Washington, D.C.; 'Aluminum by Design: Jewelry to Jets,' at the new York City's...
- Calendar. Moyer, Steve // Humanities;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p34
A 2011 calendar is presented of historical exhibitions including "Our Lives, Our Stories: America's Greatest Generation" at the Idaho State Historical Museum in Boise, Idaho, "Dynasty and Divinity: Ife Art in Ancient Nigeria" at the Indianapolis Museum of Art in Indianapolis, Indiana, and the...