King James-only advocates experience renaissance
- A baffled buyer's guide to the good book. Gilmour, Peter // U.S. Catholic;May97, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p15
Provides guidelines in choosing a Bible. Reasons that makes it difficult for people to select specific editions of the Bible; Arrangement of biblical books in the library; Three historical events that moved the Bible into mainstream life; Ideal features of a biblical translation; Companion...
- The living Bible reborn. Wilson, John // Christianity Today;10/28/96, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p33
Examines four different versions of the Bible. Differences in the translations in the Bible; Reaffirmation of the evangelical conviction of the Bible's ability to speak to men and women; Significance of Tyndale House Publishers launching of the New Bible Translation. INSET: Ezekiel 21:18-20 in...
- The Studium Biblicum Franciscanum of Tokyo. // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Jan1997, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p101
Reports on the publication of the Japanese translation of the Book of Ezekiel by Yasuhiro Izumi, as the 37th volume of the Studium Biblicum Franciscanum's series of biblical translations in 1996. Progress made on the remaining books; Background on the Studium.
- When manuscripts collide. Zoba, Wendy Murray // Christianity Today;10/23/95, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p30
Confronts the controversy arising from biblical translation and interpretation. Impact of changes from transcription and transmission of manuscripts; Factors for making textual decisions.
- CEB Translation Launched. Youree, Emily White // Bible Study Magazine;Jan/Feb2012, p8
The article reports on the launch of the Common English Bible (CEB) translationn in the U.S.
- Book reviews. Engammare, Max // Sixteenth Century Journal;Spring95, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p173
Reviews the book `Die Bibelsammlung der wurttembergischen Landesbibliothek Stuttgart, zweite Abteilung, Deutsche Bibeldrucke 1466-1800,' by edited by Stefan Strohm. Book as part of a bibliographical series of all German editions of the Bible.
- A special edition .... // National Catholic Reporter;9/17/93, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p8
Announces the availability of a special edition of the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible on September 30, 1993. Combination of archeological and theological insights; Approval for lectionary use by the National Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Scriptures of many colors. Tickle, Phyllis // Publishers Weekly;10/9/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 41, p31
Reports on the proliferation of many versions of the Bible. Remarks on loss of simplicity and single translation; Contributing factors to variety of sacred texts; Reason for the proliferation of Judeo-Christian scripture presentations.
- The launch of two new translations. Carrigan, Henry; Musleah, Rahel // Publishers Weekly;10/9/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 41, p38
Reports on the launching of two Bible translations. Publication of the `Contemporary English Version' (CEV) under `The Promise,' by Thomas Nelson and the `Schocken Bible' from the American Bible Society; Bible features; Promotion of Schocken Bible through a series of Bible readings.