- For Natalie Merchant, there's plenty of life after signing with 10,000 Maniacs. Parney, Lisa Leigh // Christian Science Monitor;10/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 229, p15
Profiles the singer Natalie Merchant. Comparison between Natalie Merchant and a singer-guitarist Tracy Chapman; Her tour for the United States.
- Merchant quits maniacs. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;8/14/93, Vol. 105 Issue 33, p85
Reports on lead singer Natalie Merchant of 10,000 Maniacs as leaving Elektra Entertainment group. Amicable split; Leaving as natural passage.
- Naturally Merchant. Hajari, Nisid // Entertainment Weekly;7/21/95, Issue 284, p40
Features music performer Natalie Merchant. Release of debut solo album `Tigerlily'; Success previous band 10,000 Maniacs; Views on the music industry.
- Picks & Pans: Song. Charaipotra, Sona // People;12/3/2001, Vol. 56 Issue 23, p37
Reviews the music album 'Motherland,' by Natalie Merchant.
- Natalie Merchant. Stein, Joel // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/22/1998, Issue 25, p73
Presents a brief interview with singer/musician Natalie Merchant. Her lack of television viewing; Comments on the magazine `Nation'; Merchant's involvement in the 1998 Lilith Fair tour; Number of languages she speaks.
- ALBUMS: POP. Paoletta, Michael; L.F. // Billboard;12/1/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 48, p20
Reviews the album 'Motherland,' by Natalie Merchant.
- Cause Celeb. Doherty, Brian // Mother Jones;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the influence of singer Natalie Merchant's involvement in the programs of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Jamestown, New York. Contributions to the club in the form of money and personal appearances; Impact of Merchant's ties with the organization.
- Dig this! Talkington, Amy // Seventeen;Apr96, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p114
Profiles singer Natalie Anne Merchant. Fondness for swimming in pools; Favorite school subject; Most admired politician; Favorite song on her album `Tigerlily'; Favorite food.
- Merchant blooms on her `Tigerlily' solo on Elektra. Bessman, Jim // Billboard;5/20/95, Vol. 107 Issue 20, p11
Focuses on Natalie Merchant's first album as a solo performer titled `Tigerlily' from Elektra Entertainment. Merchant as former lead vocalist for 10,000 Maniacs; Promotional campaign for the album; Establishment of radio airplay.