Productivity growth and the American business cycle
Tags: BUSINESS cycles
- chapter 4: Business Environment. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2007 4th Quarter, p35
The article focuses on the 2007 business condition of Venezuela.
- Monitoring the journals. Devan, Jana Prakash; Bateman, Fred // Business Economics;Jan1990, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p58
Reviews the article `Real Business Cycle Theory: A New Keynesian Perspective,' by Gregory N. Mankiw from the Summer 1989 issue of the `Journal of Economic Perspectives.'
- A primer on real business cycles or the ABCs of RBCs. Rush, Mark // Business Economics;Jul90, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the evolution of real business cycle theory. Basic model and extensions of the theory; Criticisms of the approach.
- International factors affecting the U.S. business cycles. Hendriks, Marc // Business Economics;Jul90, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on external factors affecting the business cycles in the United States. International capital flow in the 1980s; Portfolio inflows and outflows into the country; Banking flows.
- Is the current business cycle different? Does how we measure matter? Ulan, Michael // Business Economics;Apr94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p41
Compares the economic recession and recovery of 1990-91 with other business cycles since the mid-1950s. Examination of the United States national income and product accounts; Effect of the choice of the base year for prices and weights in which real magnitudes are expressed; Effect of a distant...
- Yes, managers, there is still a business cycle. McCallum, John S. // Business Quarterly;Summer91, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p36
Opinion. Discusses the location of the economy and specific industries on the business cycle in Canada and the steps to offset its effects. Types of business cycles; Counter-cyclical decision making.
- Price-level stability, price flexibility, and Fisher's business cycle model. Sumner, Scott // CATO Journal;Winter90, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p719
Discusses the significance of Fisher's business cycle model to price-level stability and price flexibility. Description of Fisher's model of business cycle; Provision of a mathematical representation of the Phillips curve; Price-level instability as a source of output fluctuations.
- Political business cycles. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct96, p11
Focuses on the political business cycles in the United States as of September 1996. Real growth and elections; Real economic growth; Gross domestic product price deflator; Federal government expenditures/receipts.
- Shorter recessions and longer expansions. Diebold, Francis X.; Rudebusch, Glenn D. // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);Nov/Dec91, p13
Questions on whether the patterns of United States business cycles changed since World War II. Volatility perspective in nature of postwar business cycles; Duration perspective of postwar economy; Documenting duration stabilization; Understanding duration stabilization; Welfare effects of...