Milestone Tower: Electric to gas retrofit
- BACK TO THE FUTURE. Paquet, Caroline // ASHRAE Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p42
The article focuses on the project for the National Bank of Canada Tower which aims to reduce the energy use intensity (EUI) of the building. It says that a dedicated outdoor air systems (DOAS) with electric heating coil was installed in the tower to control electric demand during extreme...
- Energy Efficiency Boosts Building Performance. Suttell, Robin // Buildings;Aug2002, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the energy consumption of buildings in the U.S. Consumption of commercial buildings; Details of the streamlining of energy use; Information on the selection process of a heating, ventilation and air conditioning system at the San Diego Department of General Services.
- Free Money. Whelan, Brian // Buildings;Aug2002, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p32
Reports on the re-allocation of commercial rebates and public benefit programs to provide incentives for the immediate installation of insulated roof surfaces in the U.S. Advantages of using white reflective roofing; Details of rebates and incentives offered by energy companies. INSET: The...
- Feds hope to slash utility bills by putting new protocol to use. Rosenbaum, David; Schaefer, Mary // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/23/96, Vol. 237 Issue 13, p16
Reports on the launching by the United States government of a demonstration project of an international standard for synchronizing energy use in buildings called building automated control network. Expectation of reduced federal building energy bills; Data communications protocol for...
- Standard 90.1 Addenda To Be Reviewed. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/7/2009, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the need to review the 15 proposed addenda to the ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2007 or the Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings in the U.S.
- Would you want to live in this dump? Wolkomir, Richard // Smithsonian;Apr94, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p121
Pictures the handsome Colonial house erected in Bowie, Maryland by the National Association of Home Builders Research Center. Called the `Resource Conservation Research House' or `Garbage House,' the entire house is based on recycling and energy conservation. The trash that is turned into house...
- Utilities play key role in energy contract plan. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/5/95, Vol. 195 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the role of utility companies in the energy conservation plan of the government for its buildings. Energy savings performance contracts sold by qualifying contracting companies; Role of independent contractors.
- Energy efficiency is taking the shock out of power bills. Shapard, Rob // American City & County;Mar1996, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p46
Reports on the efforts of cities and counties in the United States to make their facilities more energy efficient. Development of energy conservation programs that promote sustainability; Federal support for energy projects; Institutional conservation programs; Energy saving projects of several...
- Energy management systems need customized software. Patino, Manny // Energy User News;Oct96, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p20
Describes the importance of customized software in a building's energy management system (EMS). EMS's collection of consumption data through software; Need for energy management software at the four points of a building's EMS; Description of the four points of EMS; Features of EMS.