Vietnam re-drill a disappointment
Tags: OIL wells
- Wellhead power in the UK. // Modern Power Systems;May96, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p73
Reports that gas produced as a by-product of onshore oil wells in Gainsborough, England is being used to generate power for oil production and contribute to the local electricity grid. Estimates of the site's reserves; Potential gas availability; Running capacity.
- Indonesia's West Natuna KG well and Irian Jaya's Wiriagar. Tang, Peter // Offshore;Nov95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p18
Gives information on oil wells in Indonesia and Iran.
- Extending well production runs on complex reservoirs. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Jun96, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p49
Reports on the holding of extended well tests (EWTs) by oil operators in complex reservoirs in the North Sea. Need for EWTs; European consortiums offering EWTs; EWT assignments in the North Sea; Operators in the North Sea; Features of EWT; Use of paleontology in well positioning within the...
- Third platform planned for Troll. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the proposals for fifty subsea horizontal wells for the Troll area development in Europe. Norsk Hydro's proposal based on a floating production platform; Projected capacity of the area; Hydro's plan for a 2.5 kilometer-long horizontal wells filled from multi-slot templates.
- Indonesia. Tang, Peter // Offshore;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p18
Reports that Arco spudded oil well Vorwata-1 on October 14, 1996 in western Irian Jaya in Indonesia.
- Untitled. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Oct2008, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p24
An image of an oil well, together with the national flag of Canada as its backdrop is presented.
- Oil Well of the Century. Burka, Paul // Texas Monthly;Dec99, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p163
Features the Santa Rita No. 1 oil well that made the University of Texas rich.
- Hopes rise in the Galilee sands. Haselhurst, David // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/28/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5966, p92
Focuses on oil wells in Australia. Maple Oil NL's plan to raise funds to offer to shareholders; Targets sites for drilling of the wells.
- The Best Little Oil Well. // Time;2/16/1981, Vol. 117 Issue 7, p73
The article reports on Chicken Ranch No. 1, an oil well in La Grange, Texas, that is producing 107 bbl. of low-sulfur crude petroleum a day.