Greenpeace `honors' Consumer Alert with criticism
- Reception held to honor award recipients. Pattison, S. // Consumer Comments;May/Jun91, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the reception hosted by `Consumer Alert' magazine's board of directors to honor the recipients of the `Consumers First' awards. Attendees included former Congressman and Consumer Alert board member Denny Smith, HUD Under Secretary Al Delli Bovi, Commissioner Deborah Owen of the...
- CA holds annual board meeting. Pattison, S. // Consumer Comments;May/Jun91, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p7
Highlights the annual meeting held by the Board of Directors of Consumer Alert on April 15 in Washington, D.C. Approved plans to continue expansion of the Washington office.
- Recent Consumer Alert survey results tallied. // Consumer Comments;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p6
Gives the results of a survey conducted by Consumer Alert asking members questions on topics ranging from trade to automobile regulation. Taxes; Over-regulation; Favor proposals to limit federal spending; Support increased domestic oil drilling;Opening Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil...
- Consumer Alert continues fight against costly, burdensome regulations. // Consumer Comments;May/Jun92, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
States that Consumer Alert recently provided testimony at a hearing held by the United States House of Representatives Research Committee Small Business Task Force. Cost of federal regulation on consumers; Excerpt from comments made by Consumer Alert's Executive Director.
- Consumer Alert celebrates 15 years of success. // Consumer Comments;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p7
Discusses the 1992 National Consumer Coalition Conference to celebrate Consumer Alert's fifteenth anniversay. Members, supporters and representatives of numerous public policy organizations gathered for the final evening of celebration. Consumer Alert was founded in 1977, by Barbara Keating-Edh...
- Newsletter will watch the watchdog. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p7
Announces Consumer Alert's launching of a fax news letter called `CPSC Monitor' that will report on the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). CPSC's change of mission.
- CA issues warning about effect on consumers of new taxes. // Consumer Comments;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the press conference hosted by Consumer Alert (CA) to discuss effects on consumers of the energy tax that would be imposed as part of President Bill Clinton's proposed economic program. CA Executive Officer Scott Pattison as speaker; Inflationary effect of energy tax on consumer prices.
- Consumer Alert's board of directors numbers twelve. // Consumer Comments;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p2
Lists the names of Consumer Alert's (CA) Board of Directors as of December 1994. Includes chairman of the board William C. Macleod of CA, Wash., D.C. ; Richard Collins of Today Newspapers, Duncanville, Tex.; Suzanne Garment of Lee Garment, Wash., D.C.; Roger Meiners of University of Texas at...
- Newsnotes. // Consumer Comments;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p4
Reports on media coverage of the organization, Consumer Alert (CA). `Detroit News' and the Associated Press' interview of CA on Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE); Coverage of CA's agenda for the 104th Congress by `Scoop'; CA Advisory Council member Roger A. Meiners' article in `The Freeman'.