The decline of the .400 hitter: An explanation and a test
- The greatest lottery ever played. Gould, Stephen Jay // UNESCO Sources;Apr95, Issue 68, p13
Features the discourse on paleontology presented by Stephen Jay Gould, professor of comparative zoology at Harvard University, in response to the subject `what we do not know' of the UNESCO's Philosophy Forums, held on March 14-17, 1995. Nature of the works of a paleontologist; Claims of...
- INTRODUCTION. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);9/7/2011, Issue 588, p2
No abstract available.
- Grade inflation and the extinction of the .400 hitter. Bracey, Gerald W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar98, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p548
Presents news about research of the education system. Stephen Jay Gould's argument that in sports in which the individual is pitted against not a team but a record, records continue to fall and the question of whether anything comparable is going on in education; The state of education in Sweden.
- A LIFE IN SCIENCE. Brynie, Faith Hickman // Odyssey;Jan2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
Profiles Stephen Jay Gould, a paleontologist in the U.S. Educational and career background; Gould's contributions to science; Books written by Gould.
- A Passion for Writing. Krasner-Khait, Barbara // Odyssey;Jan2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on biologist Stephen Jay Gould's passion for writing books on evolution and baseball. Role models of Gould; Overview of books written by Gould.
- Making Magic with Metaphors: Good as Gould! Meissner, Laura K. // Odyssey;Jan2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p24
Presents accolades for biologist Stephen Jay Gould's books by author. Reference to various books by Gould; Examples taken by Gould in his books for explaining evolution.
- Gould As Teacher And Mentor. Allmon, Dr. Warren D. // Odyssey;Jan2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on author's experiences with paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould. Nature of Gould towards his students; Dressing style of Gould.
- Farewell, Fossilface: A Memoir of Stephen Jay Gould (1941-2002). Milner, Richard // Odyssey;Jan2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on author's memoirs for paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould. Remembrances of schooldays with Gould as his colleague; Gould and author's passion for dinosaurs; Nature of Gould towards his colleagues.
- Joltin' Joe and the pursuit of excellence. Goldberg, Mark F. // Phi Delta Kappan;Jan97, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p395
Profiles Stephen Jay Gould. His personal history; Views on education; Views on contemporary American culture; Excerpts from an interview with Gould.