Learning styles in the Philippines
- The Reliability and Validity of the Goal Orientation and Learning Strategies Survey (GOALS-S): A Filipino Investigation. King, Ronnel B.; Watkins, David A. // Asia-Pacific Education Researcher (De La Salle University Manila;Nov2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p579
The Goal Orientation and Learning Strategies Survey (GOALS-S; Dowson & Mclnerney, 2004) is an instrument designed to assess four sets of constructs: (1) academic goals, (2) social goals, (3) cognitive strategies, and (4) metacognitive strategies of high school students. This instrument was...
- Are two achievement goals better than one? Filipino students' achievement goals, deep learning strategies and affect. Dela Rosa, Elmer D.; Bernardo, Allan B.I. // Learning & Individual Differences;Oct2013, Vol. 27, p97
Abstract: The multiple-goals perspective assumes that adopting both mastery and performance goals is better for students. But there has been very little evidence for the multiple-goals perspective in Asian students. A cluster analysis was conducted to identify groups of Filipino students who...
- 4 of 10 Filipino students want to migrate abroad. // Filipino Post;4/4/2013, p13
The article discusses the key findings of Asian Institute of Management Policy Center's 2012 Pinoy Youth Barometer project, in partnership with the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) which shows that 4 out of every Filipino students plan to work abroad after graduation.
- Rural kids risk life, limb to go to school. // Filipino Reporter;10/4/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 44, p8
A photograph of Filipino student Aldrin Mar Donceras who crosses a dangerous improvised cable bridge in his hometown of Sitio Madlum, Barangay Sibul in San Miguel, Bulacan is presented.
- 4 of 10 Filipino students want to migrate abroad. // Asian Pacific Post;4/4/2013, p15
The article reports on the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) Policy Center's Pinoy Youth Barometer project which reveals that four out of 10 Filipino students plan to migrate abroad for job opportunities after graduation.
- Motivational Antecedents of Academic Emotions in Filipino College Students. Ouano, Jerome A. // Asia-Pacific Education Researcher (De La Salle University Manila;Mar2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p127
The control-value theory of academic emotions by Pekrun (2006) contends that students' emotional experiences in achievement-related situations have sources from the appraisals students make about the importance and value of academic tasks they engage in. The present study looked into Filipino...
- Largest U.S. educ. mission in PH held. // Filipino Reporter;10/25/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p5
The article offers information on the U.S. Education Mission, where representatives from 29 universities and colleges in the U.S. visited the Philippines to promote their doctorate, graduate, undergraduate and associate degrees to Filipino students from October 24-25, 2013.
- Relationships, love and sexuality: what the Filipino teens think and feel. de Irala, Jokin; Osorio, Alfonso; del Burgo, Cristina López; Belen, Vina A.; de Guzman, Filipinas O.; del Carmen Calatrava, María; Torralba, Antonio N. // BMC Public Health;2009, Vol. 9, p282
Background: In order to achieve a change among teens' sexual behavior, an important step is to improve our knowledge about their opinions concerning relationships, love and sexuality. Methods: A questionnaire including topics on relationships, love and sexuality was distributed to a target...
- Race for foreign students. // Filipino Post;1/17/2013, p13
The article informs that Canadian embassy Christopher Thornley in Manila, Philippines will work to increase the number of Filipino students who will pursue education in the Canadian colleges. It states that students of Philippines will be provided with hospitable and safe environment to study....