Japan's biggest economic stimulus package ever
- Justice for Some. Crime, Victims and the US-Japan SOFA. McNeill, David // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;3/9/2009, Issue 10, p2
The article delves into the rape cases in Japan involving the U.S. military. A woman named Jane was allegedly raped by an American sailor in a car park near the U.S. Navy Base in Tokyo, Japan on April 6, 2002 while a 12-year-old schoolgirl was reportedly raped by three U.S. serviceman at...
- US rushes to placate Japanese, angered by rape in Okinawa. Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;9/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 209, p6
Discusses various implications of the rape of a minor girl in Okinawa, an island in Japan, by some American servicemen. Decision of the US Ambassador to Japan, Walter Mondale and Japanese Foreign Minister Yohei Kono to set up a bilateral panel of experts to review the US-Japan Status of Forces...
- Justice for Some. Crime, Victims and the US-Japan SOFA. McNeill, David // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;3/16/2009, Issue 11, p2
The article focuses on rape cases involving the U.S. military in Japan. A woman named Jane was allegedly raped by an American sailor in a car park near the U.S. Navy Base at Tokyo, Japan, while a 12-year-old was also allegedly raped by three U.S. serviceman in Okinawa. They are said to be among...
- Japan will ask the US military to modify the accord. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;10/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 219, p2
Reports on the request made by Japan to the US military to modify the accord governing Japan-based US troops to calm the public after the rape of a schoolgirl allegedly by an American serviceman.
- Not nearly enough. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;10/18/93, Vol. 242 Issue 20, p66
No abstract available.
- Japan in transition. Makihara, Minoru // Journal of Northeast Asian Studies;Summer93, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p70
Focuses on Japan's aim to change direction and alter basic structure of the its political and economic system. Economic growth policies during the 1980s; Political circumstances since 1955; Similarities of Japan's current political situations with the United States.
- The Japanese 'Big Bang' financial reforms and market implications. Dekle, Robert // Journal of Asian Economics;Summer98, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p237
Examines the Japanese `Big Bang' financial reforms and its market and economic implications for the country. Key components of the `Big Bang' measures; Financial market implications of the `Big Bang'; Unresolved issues concerning the Japanese financial reforms.
- Asian crisis and the future of the Japanese model. Dore, Ronald // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Nov98, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p773
Predicts that Japan's economic model may not preserve its distinctiveness in the general picture of global capitalism. Factors spurring changes in the model; Includes the cultural hegemony of the United States; Social structural changes stemming from Japanese society's arrival at the age of...
- Encourages foreign imports. // Nation's Business;Sep84, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p53
The Japan External Trade Organization, which led the Japanese to astonishing postwar success in exporting, has been transformed into a body that mostly promotes imports. Instead of barring Japanese products to lower the U.S. trade deficit with Japan, Americans should sell more goods to Japan.