Black, anti-gay skinheads? Really!
- AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. Framo, Robert // Advocate;7/19/88, Issue 503, p7
Comments on an article which focused on hate crimes against gays and published in the issue number 499 of the periodical 'The Advocate.'
- Agenda. // Advocate;10/31/95, Issue 693, p11
Reports that third of documented hate crimes in Dallas, Texas in the first nine months of 1995 were antigay incidents.
- Hate crimes vs. queer cretins. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/27/2003, Issue 792, p12
Editorial. Analyzes two cases of hate crimes in San Diego, California. William Houk's conviction for the stabbing of Bernie Conotal outside the Xen Hookah Lounge Coffee Shop in Hillcrest; Beating of a man after he made unwanted advances towards a straight man walking by on the street;...
- WASHINGTON: Man arrested for assault in possible hate crime. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/11/2008, Issue 1081, p25
The article reports on the arrest of a 44-year-old man of Bremerton, Washington due to alleged hate crime against two men outside a bar after calling them derogatory names.
- Violent times. Gallagher, John // Advocate;7/11/95, Issue 685, p33
Reports on the increase in the number and intensity of gay bashings in the United States. Rise in the number of hate crimes in general; Homophobic homicides' outpacing of racial homicides; Brutality of crimes against gay men and lesbians; Factors that will increase the likelihood of violence;...
- Firsthand hate. Stefanakos, Victoria Scanlan // Advocate;01/19/99, Issue 776/777, p51
Describes experiences of bias attacks against gay men and lesbians in the United States. Mark Bangerter of Boise, Idaho; Beth Shapiro of Boston, Massachusetts; Barron Segar of Atlanta, Georgia; Son of Margie Hunter of Washington, D.C.; Dennis Holloway of Albuquerque, New Mexico; Brenda Henson...
- Chicago Queer-bashing On Wane This Summer. // Advocate;9/17/81, Issue 326, p15
Reports that Chicago, Illinois gay community leaders and police observers unanimously agree that the city is experiencing its lowest incidence of antigay violence in summer 1981.
- What's in a basher's mind? Kirby, David // Advocate;09/28/99, Issue 795, p26
Analyzes factors that motivate gay bashers by examining profile of suspects and killers of gay men. Common links between bias crimes; Four distinct reasons or rationalizations used by those who commit hate crimes against sexual minorities; Society's role in gay bashing; Sexual aspect in the...
- Striking a blow against hale crimes. Cacas, Samuel R. // Advocate;12/14/93, Issue 644, p30
Focuses on the effectiveness of an anti-gay hate crime legislation in quelling hate crimes and other forms of bigotry committed against homosexuals. Legislative features and enactment; Gay bashing with impunity; Futility of the legislation without the development of a mutual protection response...
- L.B. Hate Crime. Penn, Denise // Lesbian News;Sep2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on a hate-motivated crime against a gay organization in Long Beach, California. Threat to the volunteers of the Gay and Lesbian Community Services of Greater Long Beach; Vandalism of the group's office.