Stark II rule expected soon
- HCFA issues final lab-referral regs. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;8/21/95, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p3
Reports on the US Health Care Financing Administration's (HCFA) release of final Medicare regulations covering physician referrals to clinical laboratories. Pete Stark as author of the regulations dubbed as `Stark Law'; Creation of Stark II which adds more health services to prohibited...
- HCFA offers `advisory opinions' about physician-referral law. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;01/19/98, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on the comments and opinions shared by the US Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) about the Stark II physician-referral law. Implications of the law; Provisions and exceptions of the law; Other key provisions of the advisory-opinion process.
- Domino effect. Tarlach, Gemma M. // Drug Topics;4/6/98, Vol. 142 Issue 7, p29
Presents information on the United States Health Care Financing Administration's proposed legislation on physicians' referrals to health-care entities, with which they have financial relationships. Possible impact of this proposed legislation; What is the goal of this proposed legislation;...
- First Stark advisory opinion focuses on rural provider exception. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Dec98, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the issuance of an advisory opinion by the United States Health Care Financing Administration addressing questions about the physician referral prohibition law. Terms of rural provider exception; Responsibilities of physicians investing in the center; Contact information.
- No surprises in final rules implementing `Stark I' law. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;8/21/95, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p16
Reports on the final regulations by the US Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) enforcing the medical self-referral law known as Stark I. Definition of hospital under the law; Features of the law; Reactions to the final regulations.
- HCFA vows to issue final rule on Stark II by next year. Manos, Diana // AHA News;05/17/99, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p1
No abstract available.
- 'Stark' law raises red flag for many referrals. Wolf, Seth M. // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p19
Reports that the United States Health Care Financing Administration issued the first part of its final rule on the 'Stark' law, which prohibits physicians from referring patients for specific health services to entities in which the physician or a family member has a financial stake. Other...
- `Stark II' moratorium denied. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;3/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p18
Reports that the American Hospital Association and other health organizations' request for the implementation delay of a law banning physician self-referral has been denied by the US Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) and Department of Health and Human Services. Implementation of the...
- A good case for Stark II revisions. Gatty, Bob // Ophthalmology Times;5/8/95, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p4
Focuses on the lobbying efforts of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and the American Academy of Ophthalmology for the elimination of potential problems from the Stark II self-referral law. Health Care Financing Administration's ruling on the implantation of intraocular...