`Pocahontas' piles up RIAA metal
- Platinum bombshell. Willman, Chris // Entertainment Weekly;04/18/97, Issue 375, p66
Reports on an apparent discrepancy between actual sales and a claim by the Recording Industry Association of American (RIAA) that the musician formerly known as Prince has a double platinum album. `Emancipation' and its sales, well below $2 million; How sales for double and triple albums are...
- RIAA certifies Hootie as top seller for '95. Morris, Chris // Billboard;1/6/96, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p12
Reports from Los Angeles, that the Recording Industry Association of America names Hotie & the Blowfish's `Crack Rear View' as the best-selling album for 1995. Number of copies sold; Other million selling artists.
- Hootie's Atlantic debut keeps setting records. Newman, Melinda // Billboard;12/9/95, Vol. 107 Issue 49, p46
Reports that the group Hootie & the Blowfish debut `Cracked Rear View' have been certified by the Recording Industry Association of America for sales of more than 11 million units. Information on the members of Hootie & the Blowfish.
- Hoosier Hit-Makers. // Indianapolis Monthly;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p26
Presents songs by Indiana musicians included in the Songs of the Century list of the Recording Industry Association of America and the National Endowment for the Arts. 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game,' written by Albert von Tilzer; 'Beat It,' by Michael Jackson; 'Change the World,' by Babyface.
- Led Zeppelin becomes No. 2-selling act. Morris, Chris; Bell, Carrie // Billboard;12/13/97, Vol. 109 Issue 50, p14
Informs that Led Zeppelin, has moved to the number two position on the list of all-time, best-selling acts in. Certification by the Recording Industry Assn. of America (RIAA) of ten of the group's albums at multi-platinum levels; The group's replacement of Garth Brooks at the second spot in...
- RIAA: `Bodyguard' top-selling album of '90s. Morris, Chris // Billboard;3/12/94, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the soundtrack album of Whitney Houston entitled `The Bodyguard' as the best-selling album of the '90s by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Tie with `Dirty Dancing' and `Saturday Night Fever'; Comparison of sales of Michael Jackson's `Thriller'; Quadruple platinum...
- No piracy here. // Billboard;9/16/95, Vol. 107 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the meeting between the members of Dave Matthews Band wit representatives of the Recording Industry Association of America's ant-piracy unit to prevent bootlegging of the band's concerts.
- Pocahontas soundtrack. Kaufman, Joanne // People;7/24/95, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p16
Reviews the soundtrack recording of the motion picture `Pocahontas'. INSET: Talking with...Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz..
- LeAnn Rimes tops Puff Daddy in '97 RIAA certs. Bell, Carrie // Billboard;12/27/97, Vol. 109/110 Issue 52/1, p18
Informs that the Recording Industry Assn. of America's (RIAA) year-end certifications for 1997 named LeAnn Rimes as the year's top recording artist. Second-place finisher, Puff Daddy; Sales of Rimes' releases on Curb Records; Barbra Streisand's `Higher Ground' success; Information about gold...