Medicaid's rising costs
- CMS releases health spending estimates. // Hospital Home Health;Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p22
The article reports on the health spending estimates released by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in 2005.
- Medicaid payments, by eligibility group: 1975-93. // Health Care Financing Review;1995 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p150
Presents statistics on Medicaid payments by eligibility groups in the United States in 1975 to 1993. Increase in the proportion of disabled persons enrolled in Medicaid; Aged beneficiaries accounting for the second largest amount of payments; Low- income children accounting for one-half of...
- State Budget Crises and Medicaid. Huckabee, Mike // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2003, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p7
Identifies problems in Medicaid spending. Percentage of state budgets spent on Medicaid; Range of Medicaid coverage; Policies regarding expansions of Medicaid beyond the required federal income levels.
- Trends in Medicaid Cost Control in the States. Matthews, Trudi // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2003, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p10
Examines Medicaid cost control measures in states. Medicaid cost trajectories; Structure of Medicaid funding and control; Trends in health care costs affecting Medicaid.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Chi, Keon S. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2003, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p3
Introduces a series of articles on Medicaid issues. Control of Medicaid costs; Changes in the Medicaid program.
- Medicaids's Woes. Runy, Lee Ann // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2003, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the move of U.S. states, except for Alabama, to implement a form of Medicaid cost containment in fiscal year 2003 budgets. Number of states which took additional Medicaid cost-containment measures; Areas of medical care in which states plan on cutting; Relationship between number of...
- Medicaid. // Health Affairs;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p271
Presents an abstract of the report, titled 'Why Are States' Medicaid Expenditures Rising?,' from the U.S. Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.
- LOUISIANA: Medicaid Costs Disputed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/29/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33821, p7
The article informs that the Medicaid health-care program of Louisiana would cost the state approximately 4 billion U.S. dollars over 10 years.
- Simulating the fiscal and distributional impacts of Medicaid eligibility reforms. Cohen, Marc A.; Kumar, Nanda // Health Care Financing Review;Summer93, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p133
Estimates the costs and distributional impacts of changes in the Medicaid asset test and the effect on the number of people spending down to Medicaid eligibility levels. Effects of modifications on program costs for nursing home care, distribution of benefits across population groups, and the...