South African President Nelson Mandela filing for divorce
- Winnie Mandela. // U.S. News & World Report;4/10/95, Vol. 118 Issue 14, p20
Focuses on Winnie Mandela, the estranged wife of South African President Nelson Mandela. Criticism of her husband from whom she separated in 1992; Embarrassment which she has caused him; Her alleged involvement in a kickback scheme; His decision to remove her from his cabinet post.
- Caribbean Radio keeping the pressure on. Pryce, Vinette K. // New York Amsterdam News;4/11/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 15, p14
Details the visit of former African President Nelson and wife Winnie Mandela in New York City. Appreciation of Afro-Americans on the visit; Broadcast of the visit; Gratitude of Mandela for the support and aid given by the Black people.
- Anti-apartheid activists. // Mother Jones;Oct85, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p16
Winnie & Nelson Mandela in their own words. S. African anti-apartheid activists, the couple tells of their struggles to free Blacks: excerpts from her autobiography tell of Winnie Mandela's marriage to Nelson and her own battles with the racist regime; excerpt from a courtroom speech delivered...
- Nelson Mandela reinstated. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;4/13/95, Vol. 87 Issue 96, p2
Reports that Nelson Mandela reinstated his wife, Winnie, as South African deputy arts minister.
- TO MY MIND. Naudé, Colleen // Finweek;3/18/2010, p4
The author offers a rebuttal to remarks given by Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, ex-wife of former South African president Nelson Mandela, regarding a statue of Mandela in Sandton, South Africa. She disagrees with Madikizela-Mandela's implication that Mandela was responsible for the poor economic...
- Stand by Your Man. // National Review;4/27/1992, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p18
The article comments on the decision of South African First Lady Winnie Mandela to separate from her husband, President Nelson Mandela, and leave the African National Congress and retire from politics. Her husband's 27-year incarceration is the cause of a strain on their marriage, and while...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDELA! // Jet;8/9/2004, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p32
Mentions how former South African President Nelson Mandela celebrated his 86th birthday with his wife Graca Machel and former wife Winnie Madikizela-Mandela during a party at his home in Cape Town, South Africa. Pledge from Mandela that he will cut down on public appearances; How Mandela was...
- Winnie, the woman. // New African;May2003, Issue 418, p16
Winnie Madikizela Mandela was born on September 26, 1934, in the small village of Bizana in Pondoland, Transkei in South Africa. Winnie Mandela attended the Jan Hofmeyr School of Social Work in Johannesburg, South Africa and worked at the Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto, South Africa as a social...
- Unmarried couple of the week. Barrett, Laurence I.; Birnbaum, Jeffrey H. // Time;4/1/1996, Vol. 147 Issue 14, p21
Comments on Winnie Mandela's appeal of the divorce after a judge dissolved the union between her and Nelson Mandela. Comment by Archbishop Desmond Tutu.