- In brief. // New Statesman & Society;3/10/95, Vol. 8 Issue 343, p12
Reports that Prime Minister Edouard Balladur is trailing behind Jacques Chirac and is neck-to-neck with Socialist Party candidate, Lionel Jospin in the race for the French presidency.
- Seen and heard. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/6/95, Issue 5, p67
Reports on the procedural error committed by France's state-owned electric company on Prime Minister Edouard Balladur. Utility bill overdue; Shutting off power to Balladur's vacation home.
- Prime manager Balladur. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;1/23/95, Vol. 244 Issue 2, p68
Reports on French Prime Minister Edouard Balladur's candidacy for president of the country. Balladur's background as a businessman.
- Balladur announces. Nordahl, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;1/19/95, Vol. 87 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the announcement of the candidacy for French president, by the Prime Minister Edouard Balladur on January 18, 1995.
- France & Russia. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p32
States French Prime Minister Edouard Balladur paid an official visit to Moscow, Russia, in November 1993, where he was received by President Boris Yeltsin and Prime Minister Viktor Chernomyrdin. Comments from Balladur.
- Budget targets debt. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the presentation of French Prime Minister Edouard Balladur of the 1995 government budget. Goal to bring the budget deficit to less than $50 billion.
- Balladur rides crest of wave. Mackinnon, Angus // New Statesman & Society;1/7/94, Vol. 7 Issue 284, p10
Reports on preference of French electorate of Edouard Balladur than Jacques Chirac as successor to Francois Mitterand, according to opinion polls. Backfire on Chirac's strategy; Incapability of Balladur's administration; Image of a prime minister.
- French prime minister Balladur lambastes state-backed bank CL. Williams, Michael // Variety;3/20/95, Vol. 358 Issue 7, p33
Reports on the call by French Prime Minister Edouard Balladur for sanctions to be imposed on erring officials of the Credit Lyonnais bank. Plans for a rescue package involving the sale of the bank's non-core assets; Political implications of the banking scandal for Balladur.
- French Premier Balladur. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; MacLachlan, Suzanne L. // Christian Science Monitor;2/14/95, Vol. 87 Issue 55, p2
Describes the campaign issues of French Premier Balladur in his bid for presidency.