Industry stepping to plate through Wege-led initiative
Tags: POLLUTION prevention
- Great Lakes project addresses pollution prevention. Vick, Rebecca Chambers // Pollution Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p21
Discusses Great Lakes project on pollution prevention in Canada and the United States. Policy fulfillment; Types of industries targeted; Encouragement of participants.
- Pollution prevention incentives: Offering carrots, not sticks. Tonning, Barry // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Summer97, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p6
Presents information on a survey conducted on some businesses in New Jersey pertaining to pollution prevention incentives. Identification of the incentives for businesses to have effective pollution reduction policies in place; Indication why policies were not put into place; Suggestions from...
- What is the P2 trend all about, and how are we environmental health professionals involved? Wiant, Chris J. // Journal of Environmental Health;May97, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the emerging trend of the pollution prevention (P2) concept in the United States. Evolution of the concept; Contributions of P2 in establishing standards for community-based environmental protection; Programs of the Environmental Protection Agency to encourage the implementation of...
- Reducing waste is best course, says industry panel. Finnegan, Lisa // Occupational Hazards;Aug97, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p23
Reports that at the annual Global Environmental Management Initiative conference, a group panelists suggested that when establishing a pollution prevention plan, reducing waste should be a goal. Comments from the panelists.
- How to build a zero discharge jackup // Offshore;Oct1991, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p28
No abstract available.
- Pollution spawns borderline alliance. // American City & County;Nov96, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p79
Reports on the signing of Imperial County, Mexican city of Mexicali, and the Mexican state of Baja California Norte of a Memorandum of Understanding, pledging to fight air, water, and land pollution that affects the residents of both countries. Plans to clean the New River.
- An ounce of P2. // New Hampshire Business Review;03/27/98, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p28
Focuses on the theme of the sixth annual New Hampshire Pollution Prevention Conference on April 13, 1998 entitled `Pollution Prevention is a Core Business Practice' at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, New Hampshire.
- Start your fourth-graders networking with... // Curriculum Review;May91, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p14
Reports about the action done by the fourth-grade class of Nick Bryne at Tenakill School in Closter, New Jersey on pollution. Elimination of polystyrene foam products from the school cafeteria as the first project of the fourth-graders.
- Learning source-reduction lessons from other industries. Quinn, Barbara // Pollution Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p25
Presents pollution source-reduction initiatives from various companies discussed during the 1997 TAPPI conference. Emphasis on Project XL, a key component of the US government's initiative to reinvent environmental regulations; Description of the activities in Weyerhauser Co.'s Flint River...