The Moderating Effects of Learning Goals and the Acquisition of Product Information on the Limits of Price Acceptability
- Ethno: A Methodology for Studying Process Information. Barnes, James H. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p63
Examines consumer information processing as developed by James R. Bettman using event structure modeling. Theory of production systems; Applying a formal logic that reveal alternative decision sequences; Facilitating decisions as part of information processing structure; Understanding consumer...
- Complaints and Compliments about Service Encounters: A Comparison of American and Bulgarian Consumers. Manrai, Lalita A.; Manrai, Ajay K. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p97
Develops a conceptual model and twelve propositions comparing the complaining and complimenting behavior of American and Bulgarian consumers. Nature of the relationship between government, consumer and service providers; American free-market economy; Communist party-state controlled and...
- Unethical Seller Practices: A Neglected Issue in Consumer Satisfaction and Dissatisfaction Research. Andreasen, Alan R. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p109
Discusses consumer satisfaction and dissatisfaction based on the unethical behavior on the part of marketers. Research biases; Regulatory systems; Research implications.
- AMI: Honestly, we've got a plan. Ives, Nat // Advertising Age;2/19/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that in spite of its failure to meet the deadline to correct its financial statements, American Media has made positive steps that should reassure its investors. Replacing the editor of "Star" and presenting bond-holders with a set of cost-saving and revenue-enhancing moves...
- Consumer Resistance: A Conceptual Overview. Penaloza, Liza; Price, Linda L. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p123
Studies consumer resistance in a first-world country. Nature and form of consumer resistance; Consuming and marketing subject; Market fragmentation; Simulacra and hyper-reality; Postmodern challenge to the modern view of social change.
- The Tactics of Consumer Resistance: Group Action and Marketplace Exit. Herrmann, Robert O. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p130
Focuses on the pursuit of both functional and structural goals by organized groups of consumers who have exited the mainstream marketplace. Boycotts; Consumers union; Food buying clubs and consumer cooperatives; Credit unions; American Association of Retired Persons (AARP).
- PRFSIDENTIAL ADDRESS: The Value of Theory in Consumer Research. Tybout, Alice M. // Advances in Consumer Research;1995, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
The article presents a speech titled "The Value of Theory in Consumer Research," by Alice M. Tybout, a marketing professor at Northwestern University, delivered as the presidential address to the Association for Consumer Research (ACR). She assesses the role of theory in predicting consumer...
- A Hybrid Conjoint Model With Individual-Level Interaction Estimation. Green, Paul E.; Krieger, Abba M. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p149
Describes a hybrid model that estimates individual-level interactions of consumers and smooths parameter estimates by empirical Bayes methods. Proposed hybrid model; Main effects and interaction estimation; Turkey's one-degree-of-freedom interaction.
- Behavioral Decision Research: Theory and Applications. Dhar, Ravi // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p195
Studies evidence that define the bounds of human rationality and shows that contrary to the assumptions of classical economic theory, consumers do not necessarily maximize utility. Loss aversion in multiattribute riskless choices; Consumer satisfaction; How consumers make difficult choices;...
- The Effect of Familiarity on Consumers' Choice Agendas. Wagner, Judy A.; Klein, Noreen M. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p209
Presents empirical evidence of the top-down and bottom-up consumers' choice agendas and identifies subtypes of these agendas. Research on agendas; Product selection and sample; Research design; manipulation checks; Coding agendas; Familiarity hypotheses; Other issues.