- A Comparison of Models Describing the Impact of Moral Decision Making on Investment Decisions. Hofmann, Eva; Hoelzl, Erik; Kirchler, Erich // Journal of Business Ethics;Sep2008, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p171
As moral decision making in financial markets incorporates moral considerations into investment decisions, some rational decision theorists argue that moral considerations would introduce inefficiency to investment decisions. However, market demand for socially responsible investment is...
- Contemporary Ethical Issues in Labor-Management Relations. Adler, Robert S.; Bigoness, William J. // Journal of Business Ethics;May92, Vol. 11 Issue 5/6, p351
Numerous labor-management issues possess ethical dimensions and pose ethical questions. In this article, the authors discuss four labor-management issues that present important contemporary problems: union organizing, labor-management negotiations, employee involvement programs, and union...
- Can you teach your people to think smarter? Grillo, Carolyn // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the need for management to listen to the ideas of employees. Trap of learned context; Acceptance of feedback.
- Communication is key to helping employees understand benefit changes. Unke, Debra // Employee Benefits Journal;Mar1993, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p2
Offers guidelines for a communication program to help employees understand the benefit changes that are part of the economy. Careful planning; Employee listening factor; Focus groups; Testing prototype materials; Identifying objectives and key messages upfront; Improving injury management and...
- Communicating personal power. Haddock, Patricia // Supervision;Jul95, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p20
Provides tips on how to communicate personal power. Development of authority and assertiveness; Benefits of networking; Cultivation of a positive image; Communication skills.
- Are we overstating things just a tad? Waddell, Janet R. // Supervision;Jan97, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p11
Discusses communication in industrial relations. Exaggeration in communicating; Pointers in communicating; Ways to control image.
- Manners: Basic training. Montoya, Sarah // OfficePro;Jan1998, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p30
Features basic principles of appropriate communication courtesy. Avoidance of noisemaking beeper; Use of laptop rather than a typewriter; Proper salutation in a business letter.
- PR pros take seat alongside the boss. Stateman, Alison // Public Relations Tactics;Aug97, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p8
Highlights results of the survey `Corporate Communications Benchmark--1997' sponsored by Edelman Public Relations which shows that top communications officials report directly to the chief executive officer or president of their organizations. Overall ranking of communication effectiveness.
- Feedback failures. // Management Today;Oct95, p16
Focuses on internal communication problems in businesses. Reliance of modern business management philosophies on effective communication; Managers' unawareness of communication problems within their companies; Use of communication audits to test the effectivity of a company's internal...