Preparations continue for literacy conference
Tags: LITERACY -- Congresses
- Literacy conference is successful. // Reading Today;Feb/Mar90, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Summarizes the happenings at the recent IRA's North American Conference on Adult and Adolescent Literacy in Washington, D.C., attended by over 600 conferees.
- Literacy conference features panel on effective practices. // Reading Today;Dec93/Jan94, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p40
Features the International Reading Association's (IRA) 3rd North American Conference on Adult and Adolescent Literacy. Theme; Topics of effective literacy program practices; Contact information.
- Literacy conference set. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p35
Announces the holding of the 4th North American Conference on Adolescent and Adult Literacy on February 2 to 4, 1996 in Washington, D.C. Contact information.
- UNESCO symposium on family literacy. // Reading Today;Dec94/Jan95, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p31
Reports on the UNESCO World Symposium on Family Literacy on October 3 to 5, 1994 in Paris, France. Hooked on Phonics as sponsor; Keynote speakers.
- Speakers announced for 4th Adolescent/Adult conference. // Reading Today;Dec/Jan96, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p39
Reports on the speakers for the scheduled 4th North American Conference on Adolescent/Adult Literacy from February 2-4, 1996 in Washington, D.C. Keynote speakers; Events for presenters and participants' interaction; Contact information.
- Brussels site of 10th European Conference. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p11
Announces on the 10th European Conference on Reading on August 3-7, 1997 in Brussels, Belgium. Theme; Contact information.
- African American read-in chain reports big increase for 1997. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
Reports that the participation for the 8th National African American Read-In Chain, held on February 1997, has increased as compared to that of attendance in 1996.
- Research conference draws record crowd. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the Reading Research Conference 1997 held May 3, 1997. Description of activities and events; Highlights of the event.
- Read In! Draws 140,000 into global reading celebrations on the Internet. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the increase in the participants for the 1997 Read In!, an Internet-based reading promotion program which started on May 9, 1997. History and background information on Read In!; Traffic problems encountered; Questions for famous authors.
- Racers `Run for Literacy' in Arizona. Horning, Jerri; Jones, Joanna // Reading Today;Jun/Jul98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p38
Reports on the `Run for Literacy' event hosted by the Phoenix West Reading Council in Arizona. Number of participants; Sponsors; Goal of the event; Prizes accorded to participants who crossed the finish line; Contact information.