- Love, Detroit style: Darling, marry me, but first pass the syrup... Kapner, Suzanne; Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p32
Reports on the marriage between Detroit, Michigan-based attorney Sharon McPhail and Detroit Schools superintendent David Snead. McPhail and Snead's habit of stopping at the International House of Pancakes Corp. restaurants for breakfast.
- Running late. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/4/93, Vol. 9 Issue 40, p35
Reports on Detroit, Michigan mayoral candidate Sharon McPhail's late arrival at her appointments. Reasons for tardiness; Comments of a McPhail supporter.
- Motor city presidents. // Ebony;Feb1992, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p84
Profiles Detroit attorney Sharon McPhail, 42, president of the National Bar Association (NBA). Her background, education and career; Position as chief of Screening and District Courts for the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office (Detroit, Mich.); TheNBA's need to increase its membership.
- NBA prexy says reparations are not likely. // Jet;9/30/91, Vol. 80 Issue 24, p25
Presents comments by National Bar Association (NBA) President Sharon McPhail on the reparations blacks are entitled to due to years of slavery. McPhail's plans for NBA tenure; Education, and current employment.
- McPhail sees unpaid taxes as source for budget relief. Goodin, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;10/4/93, Vol. 9 Issue 40, p1
Discusses the property-tax collection idea that Michigan mayoral candidate Sharon McPhail wants to use in Detroit. Request for authorization for city government to sell tax liens to institutional investors at a discount; Success of the proposal in Jersey City.
- Snead won't accept new pact. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p32
Discusses why Detroit Schools Superintendent David Snead refused to seeking a contract extension on his three-year contract. Issues discussed involving Snead's contract at a meeting held by the Detroit Board of Education; Speculation that Snead was being criticized for low test scores by...
- Shorter stack. Klara, Robert; Boisclair, Marc // Restaurant Business;06/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p15
Reports that IHOP Corp. is experimenting the new version of its pancake house for use in secondary markets.
- IHOP's `restaurant war' strategy tastes like victory so far. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/96, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p11
Focuses on the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Corp.'s strategy for growth in unit development, sales and earnings. Crediting of high returns in the third quarter of 1996 to the growth strategy; Emphasis on the franchisees as the front line of competitive strategy.
- IHOP cuts back 1996 unit growth. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/14/96, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p3
Reports that IHOP Corp. has scaled back its expansion plans for 1996.