Sleepwear's restless days
Tags: SLEEPWEAR industry
- Is spring sleepwear finally waking up? // Discount Store News;8/24/98, Vol. 37 Issue 16, pA20
Reports on the success of the sleepwear category of the intimate apparel business in the United States. Challenges faced by merchants in developing sleepwear composite; Biggest influences on sleepwear; Factors contributing to the success.
- Sleepwear: Going for the bodice. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/24/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 80, Innerwear p4
Profiles the Spring, 1995 sleepwear fashion offerings in the United States. Stylistic hallmarks of sleepwear for sale; Increase in sales due to demand for textured cotton knits and woven cottons; Emphasis on bust enhancement and romantic bodices; Carole Hochman Knits; Dior; Natori; Eileen West...
- Pushing for an early fall. Monget, Karyn // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/9/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 5, WWDInnerwear p4
Reports on the trends in women's nightwear in the United States. Top selling ideas; Predictions; Comments from various executives.
- Late spring outlook heating up. Monget, Karyn // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/16/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 53, p16
Reports on increased orders for spring robes and sleepwear in the United States clothing trade. Importance of brands to stores; New styles for robes and sleepwear; Key classifications of the Keyloun business; Introduction of Intimate Apparel Salon; Range of wholesale prices.
- Sleepwear set for fall push. Monget, Karyn // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/5/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 1, WWD Innerwear p4
Reports on trends in sleepwear retailing in the United States in light of the coming of the fall 1998 season. Fresh offerings in both staples and fashion looks; January market as a critical period for vendors; Predicted colors and cut; Plans of various sleepwear lines like the Natori Classic;...
- Sleepwear stays up. Monget, Karyn // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/8/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the sleepwear industry in the United States. Effect of dismal retail during the holiday season; Comparison of branded lines of manufacturers; Fashion trends.
- Waking up the junior market. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/24/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 36, p20
Reports on retailers and vendors' expansion of its sleepwear line targeted for younger women. Key styles in the new generation of junior sleepwear; Strategy to recapture teenage customer; Plans of expanding the junior classification.
- Kicking Off the Year With New Ideas. Monget, Karyn // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/8/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 5, p8
Highlights trends in the intimate apparel market in the U.S. as of January 8, 2001. Introduction of a wide range of luxury fabrics; Stores' demand for private label collections; Key ideas according to executives in the industry.
- Pajamanistas, Unite! // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;03/25/99, Vol. 177 Issue 57, p2
Focuses on the increasing popularity of pajamas as sleepwear. Influence of entertainers; Other factors attributed to the popularity of pajamas; Expansion of pajama styles; Sales increase experienced in the category; Fabrics and designs most popular for pajamas.