DESC changes QML to reflect best commercial practices
- DLA customer assistance reps. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Feb96, Issue 519, p59
Focuses on the customer assistance telephone numbers of the US Defense Logistics Agency. Source of Supply codes.
- DESC role may change with realignment, merger. Sewell, Kelly // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on developments concerning the Defense Electronics Supply Center, which is part of the Defense Logistics Agency. Merger with the Defense Construction Supply Center as part of the 1993 Base Realignment and Closures; Search of name for the new organization; New site in Columbus, Ohio.
- Lifeline and loglines. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Sep96, Issue 526, p59
Presents information on loglines which give data on new products, replacement items and safety concerns on Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)-managed items.
- Roger W. Kallock Appointed Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Logistics. // Program Manager;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p41
States that Roger W. Kallock has been named Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Logistics (DUSL) by United States Department of Defense Secretary William S. Cohen. Powers and duties vested on Kallock as the principal advisor to the Under Secretary of Defense; Professional background of Kallock.
- DCMC Long Island Wins Presidential Award For Quality. // Program Manager;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p92
States that the Defense Contract Management Command Long Island, a field activity of United States Defense Logistics Agency, has received the Presidential Award for Quality for 1998. Background on the Presidential Award for Quality.
- DLA CONTINUES COMPETITIONS FOR DEPOT MANAGEMENT. // Army Logistician;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p39
Reports that the U.S. Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has completed the first nine public-private competitions for management of its defense distribution depots. Number of DLA defense distribution deports; Private contracting; Companies awarded with DLA contract.
- DTB Helps Units LEAP Development Hurdles. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2011, Issue 703, p56
The article offers information on the publication "Deployment Tool Book" (DTB) from the U.S. Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and presents step-by-step instructions for registration of DTB at https://spiders.dla.mil.
- NFTD EARNS ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. // Forging;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
The article announces that the National Forging Tooling Database has recieved the Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Achievement Award from the U.S. Department of Defense's Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
- SAIC will lead team. // San Diego Business Journal;08/25/97, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p9
Reports that Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) will lead a team of six companies involved in a contract with the Defense Logistics Agency. Cost of the contract; Length of the contract; Objectives of the contract; Names of the other companies involved in the contract.