Survey find severance policies lacking
- National scans. // AHA News;06/22/98, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p5
Presents news briefs concerning health care systems in the United States. Status of the nation's funding for health care system; Severance payments to some managed care chief executive officers due to acquisitions; Effects of the tax code on health care quality.
- HEALTH CARE--ADDITIONAL Resources. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Dec2005, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p17
The article offers news briefs related to employee fringe benefits as of December 2005. Specialty pharmacy costs are expected to increase 22.5% in 2006 according to Aon Corp. One of the main factors that contribute to inflation in health costs is health care fraud. Concerns arise from the...
- Adjuncts Win Contract at NYU. // University Business;Jul2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p18
Reports that the New York University in New York City has reached an agreement with its adjunct faculties regarding pay increases, health care benefits and pension contributions in May 2004. Provisions regarding the individual health care plans of adjunct faculties; Amount per hour which will...
- CARING FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS. Becker, Rick A. // Reporter;Summer2011, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p51
The article presents information on the U.S. Air Force Disability Evaluation System (DES). It provides an overview of the system for evaluating wounded warriors for return to duty or medical separation. Airmen entrance and fitness evaluation is done by referrals. Medical conditions are evaluated...
- Beverage executives fair well in severance, survey finds. K.P.K // Beverage Industry;Nov95, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the findings of a study on severance payments to different industry executives, according to outplacement consulting firm Lee Hecht Harrison of New York. Generous severance payments for food, beverage and tobacco employees; Benefits continuation; Medical benefits.
- Sweet so longs. // Restaurant Business;8/10/95, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the severance pay received by chief executive officers upon their dismissal from employment. Amount that a CEO could receive in terms of discharge benefits; Exit packages as a pre-condition of employment; Risk in taking a new assignment.
- If your job's cut don't expect a decent `package'. Wolfe, Suzanne // RN;Sep95, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p14
Reports that many hospitals planning to reduce staff do not have a formal severance policy, according to a survey by the Right Associates. Cost effectiveness of offering severance benefits to employees.
- Four steps to establishing a sound severance pay plan. Zalik, Stephen // Supervision;Jun94, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p3
Discusses the factors that need to be considered in establishing a sound severance pay plan. Conditions under which severance pay will and will not be paid; Eligibility requirements and benefits payable; Form of the plan; Legal considerations; Requirements of the older workers benefits...
- Manufacturers are on target with severance policy. // Supervision;Sep91, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p26
Presents the percentage of the manufacturers in the United States which have a formal severance policy in place to cover layoffs or other termination situations. Findings of extensive survey of corporate severance policies; Comments of Frank P. Louchheim on the study.