Shop to reduce waste
- N.Y. hits recycling target; groups worry about future. Truini, Joe // Waste News;07/19/99, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the state of the recycling programs in and around Albany, New York according to the New York Department of Environmental Conservation. Percent of waste generated in 1997 that was recycled; Recycling rate; Recycling challenges facing municipalities; Participation and financial...
- Managing New York's Solid Waste. Pataki, George E.; Cahill, John P. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, A Special section p7
Highlights the 2000 report of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation on the management of solid waste through waste reduction and recycling. Management of landfills; Law on state bond for funding solid waste management.
- REGIONAL ROUNDUP. // BioCycle;Aug2008, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p16
The article presents news briefs related to composting, environmentalism and recycling. The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is hosting forums related to food scraps reduction and management. The Whole Foods Market grocery store, located on Prospect Street in...
- DEC announces awards program for waste reduction and recycling. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/24/96, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p7
Reports on an awards program formed by the New York Environmental Conservation Department that would recognize exemplary waste reduction and recycling efforts of individuals or organizations. Criteria for selection; Application process.
- Managing e-waste. Moltion, James R. // Business Journal (Central New York);4/22/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p15
Discusses the management of electronic waste products in New York. Concern about the growing volume of end-of-life-cycle electronics due to the lack of any attempt to recycle; Problem of computer disposal because of the rapid turnover in computer technology; Recycle requirements of businesses...
- Earth Day 2008 kicks off with 'The Green Schools Challenge'. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/28/2008 Supplement, p30
The article announces that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and the Department of Education have launched the "Green Schools Challenge," a yearlong competition to bolster recycling in schools across the state. The launch was to mark the start of the Earth Day...
- Stabilizing the system. // Waste & Recycling News;6/21/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p25
The article reports on the electronic recycling law in New York which governs the recycling process from television units, videocassette recorders, and other related waste electronic appliances and devices. The law requires manufacturers selling electronic equipment to carry out a free,...
- DEC begins project to aid state's efforts at curbing pollution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's project aimed at enhancing pollution prevention efforts. Evaluation of public health and environmental risks.
- DEC ozone advisories available from hotline. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the availability of advisories on ozone formation from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Forecast that ozone levels likely to exceed standards set by Environmental Protection Agency.