- Council advises Vermont to limit aerial spraying. // International Wildlife;July/Aug97, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
Discusses the concerns over the impacts of aerial spraying of herbicides and clear-cutting, and the proposed banning of these practices in Vermont forests. Forest Resources Advisory Council's recommendation that aerial spraying should be banned; Likelihood that the Vermont legislature would...
- CD diagnoses herbicide damage. // American Nurseryman;09/15/96, Vol. 184 Issue 6, p10
Presents information about the `Picture the Damage' a photo compact discs (CD) designed to help diagnose herbicide damage on ornamentals. Its developer; Features of the CD photo; Systems where the CD photo can be used; How to avail the CD photo.
- Imprelis Continues to Do Damage. // Chicagoland Gardening;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p60
The article reports on a report released by Purdue University that provides an update on the tree deaths caused by the herbicide Imprelis from chemical company DuPont, and makes recommendations on the disposal of affected trees and planting in soil treated with Imprelis, as tree deaths continue.
- New herbicides just one tool of many. Newport, Alan // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Mar2011, Vol. 242 Issue 3, pBP3
The article offers information on low ratings for toxicity, irritation and cancer risk for fish and mammals in aminopyralid.
- Go easy on the weedkiller. Mackenzie, Hazel // New Scientist;5/7/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1924, p47
Advises building administrators to encourage proliferation of plants in their walls as well as their flower beds. Aesthetic as well as financial value of the plants; Importance of choosing the right kinds of plants to grow in the walls; Environmental impact of introducing herbicides; Examples...
- Don't drink the water! Long, Cheryl // Organic Gardening (08973792);Dec95, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p12
Reports on a study showing that farm herbicides were contaminating public drinking water supplies in the Middle West. Cities with the most contaminated water; DuPont's liability in the use of cyanizine pesticide applied to corn crops; Company's phaseout of chemical in the United States by the...
- Organic triumphs. Long, Cheryl // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the indefinite moratorium enacted by the legislature on all aerial or other broadcast applications of herbicides in Vermont forest. Campaign of the Vermont Citizens Forest Roundtable (VCFR) that influenced the moratorium; Highlights of the campaign.
- Research briefs. // American Nurseryman;2/1/94, Vol. 179 Issue 3, p97
Presents excerpts from researches about pest control. Includes controlling the Strain B sweetpotato whitefly with release of ladybird beetles in Imperial County, California; Research on the effects of topical applications of Basagran, a bentazon herbicide.
- Good weed control causing monarch butterfly declines? Robinson, Elton // Delta Farm Press;3/7/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p4
The author discusses a report from the U.S. Natural Resources Defense Council regarding the effect of the weed herbicide glysophate on monarch butterfly populations as of March 2014, which the author suggests is due to the reduction in milkweed infestations in the Mid-western U.S.