Fish & wildlife
- Reforms needed to get the job done. Kellogg-Barrella, Constance // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/4/95 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p11
Looks at reforms needed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Monitors Program. Absence of clear-cut guidelines for the program; Complaints about monitors; Approach to make the program more efficient.
- Hazardous waste generation down in NYS in 1995. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p26
Looks at a report released by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation which surveyed hazardous waste generation in the state in 1995. Indication that the state had generated a lesser amount of waste in 1995 as compared to 1994.
- THE WAY WE WERE. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2001, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p19
Presents pictures of the firefighting equipment used by the New York State Conservation Commission, known as the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Eastern shuts NYC transfer station site. Brown, Bob // Waste News;06/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p5
Looks at the decision of environmental regulators in New York City to force Eastern Environmental Services Incorporated to close its Brooklyn transfer station. Reason for the decision of the regulators; Effect of the decision on Eastern; Comments from Sam Thernstrom, spokesman for the New York...
- DEC to implement new law requiring pesticide reporting. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/03/97, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p38
Reports on the efforts of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation to implement the state's Pesticide Reporting Law. Details of the law.
- DEC to reopen campground after town of Caroga chips in. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/19/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 118, p3
The article reports on the reopening of the state Department of Environmental Conservation's campground in Caroga lake in Adirondack Mountains, New York.
- MADEX HP LABELED IN NYS. // Scaffolds Fruit Journal;5/19/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the approval of the labeling of Madex HP insecticide from Certis USA by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- New DEC "Green Living" web feature has something for everyone. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/9/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p3
The article reviews the Green Living web site from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
- Salmon river spawns. Verdioliva Jr., Francis J. // New York State Conservationist;Dec96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p26
Features the Salmon River region in New York State. Description; Attractions; Plans of the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC); Background information.