Fish & wildlife
- Reforms needed to get the job done. Kellogg-Barrella, Constance // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/4/95 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p11
Looks at reforms needed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Monitors Program. Absence of clear-cut guidelines for the program; Complaints about monitors; Approach to make the program more efficient.
- Hazardous waste generation down in NYS in 1995. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p26
Looks at a report released by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation which surveyed hazardous waste generation in the state in 1995. Indication that the state had generated a lesser amount of waste in 1995 as compared to 1994.
- THE WAY WE WERE. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2001, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p19
Presents pictures of the firefighting equipment used by the New York State Conservation Commission, known as the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Eastern shuts NYC transfer station site. Brown, Bob // Waste News;06/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p5
Looks at the decision of environmental regulators in New York City to force Eastern Environmental Services Incorporated to close its Brooklyn transfer station. Reason for the decision of the regulators; Effect of the decision on Eastern; Comments from Sam Thernstrom, spokesman for the New York...
- DEC to implement new law requiring pesticide reporting. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/03/97, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p38
Reports on the efforts of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation to implement the state's Pesticide Reporting Law. Details of the law.
- MADEX HP LABELED IN NYS. // Scaffolds Fruit Journal;5/19/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the approval of the labeling of Madex HP insecticide from Certis USA by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Primo receives New York label. // Landscape Management;Apr94, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p54
Announces the registration of Primo by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation as a growth management tool to be used on turf in the state. Applications of Primo.
- New DEC "Green Living" web feature has something for everyone. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/9/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p3
The article reviews the Green Living web site from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
- Ozone alert hotline. Swinn, Brian W. // New York State Conservationist;Aug95, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p39
Presents the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's hotline for the advance warning of possible ozone problems. Effects of ozone.