The coyote's message
- COYOTE CONTROL: THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM? Bekoff, Marc // BioScience;Jan1979, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to two articles by W. E. Howard and M. Shelton on predator control in North America published in previous issues of the journal.
- An easy way to discourage predators at the henhouse. Scott, Pat // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p31
Provides tips on keeping predators out of the henhouse. Provision of a skirt of wire around the coop to keep varmints from digging under; Materials needed.
- TIPS AND TIDBITS. Cooney, Judd // Outdoor Life;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 206 Issue 5, p54
Provides information on predator hunting in the United States. Details on predators' attacks on persons and livestock; Discussion on managing the number of coyotes; Prices of their fur.
- Fewer Dollars for Lamprey Control. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;Jul2011, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p16
The article reports that according to Marc Gaden, communications director and legislative liaison of the Great Lakes Fisheries Commission, U.S. funding for the Great Lakes lamprey-control program will be cut by 15%.
- Zap! Kluckner, Michael // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Apr2002, Vol. 26 Issue 163, p26
Discusses the use of electric fences. Advantage of using electric fences; Components of an electric fencing system; Control of predators that dig under fences.
- Ranchers, experts say coyotes increasing in SD. Winchester, Cody // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p33
The article reports on the concerns of ranchers to the increase population of coyote that would affect their livelihood in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. A study conducted by extension trappers reveals the increase of coyote populations, which threatens the livestock programs and productions. in...
- Keeping Backyard Predators at Bay. Curry, Jennifer // Flower & Garden;Nov99, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p12
Provides advice in dealing with domestic cats, house pets and other wild predators that pose a threat to birds at backyard bird feeders in homes.
- 22 WAYS TO OUTSMART PREDATORS. Christian, Chris // Outdoor Life;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 206 Issue 5, p46
Presents pieces of advice on how to outsmart predators when hunting. Information on using decoys when calling for foxes or coyotes; Tips on hunting during late afternoons; How to have the right weapons.
- Artful Diners. Heinrich, Bernd // Natural History;Jun80, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the eating habits of caterpillars. Strategies evolved to repel birds and to avoid other potential predators; Need to feed on leaves efficiently; Consequences of wasting food; Predators' recognition of damaged leaves; Practice of clipping off the remainder of the leaf after feeding.