Fleet Training Group moves to Mayport
- When It Comes to Invasions, Practice Makes Perfect. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);04/13/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p23
Asserts that the United States Navy has the right to use the Vieques Island in Puerto Rico as its base. Decision of the US Navy to use the island as its temporary landing area; Opposition of people in Puerto Rico to the invasion; Criticisms against the Puerto Ricans for opposing the Navy's move.
- Listen up. // All Hands;Oct94, Issue 930, p36
Presents a photograph of a firefighting school instructor briefing his aircraft firefighting students on the care and safe use of a fireplug at Naval Station, Treasure Island, California.
- Naval Strike Warfare Center improves joint training. Bennitt, Brent M. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the Nevada-based Naval Strike Warfare Center's (NSWC) areas of focus in its joint air operations training. Includes joint air operations familiarization; Contingency Theater Automated Planning System (CTAPS) familiarization and training; Joint air operations integration in advanced...
- THE Scrimmage. McCoy, Shane T. // All Hands;Dec2006, Issue 1076, p30
The article reports on how naval pilots train at the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center (NSAWC) in Fallon, Neveda.
- Resisting Toxic Militarism: Vieques Versus the U.S. Navy. Santana, Deborah Berman // Social Justice;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1/2, p37
Examines the protests by socially-oriented groups against the United States Navy's installations and activities in Vieques Island, Puerto Rico. Instances of injustice and misuse of the island's resources by the Navy; Progress of the struggle for peace and justice in the island.
- At long last, a greenlight for Calverton deal. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/07/98, Vol. 45 Issue 36, p5A
Reports on the United States Navy's finalization of its internal review of the transfer of the Grumman facility from Calverton, New York, to the New York town of Riverhead. Navy official Duncan Holiday's signing of the official record of decisions that allows the service branch to legally...
- Activists hail Navy plan to leave Vieques. // Christian Century;3/22/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Navy to close its base in the island of Vieques in Puerto Rico. Praise given by church leaders and activitists to the move of the U.S. Navy; Information on the protests and opposition to the U.S. Navy's use of the island as a practice bombing range.
- Bases Worldwide. // All Hands;Jan2007, Issue 1077, p4
A list of U.S. Navy bases locations in the world is presented including those in Cuba, Japan and Spain.
- NAF Atsugi. Warnken, Pamela; Knaak, Jerry // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p37
Features the Naval Air Facility in Atsugi, Japan. Historical background on the facility; Description of its operations; Facilities in the base; Recreational activities.