- To drop, or not to drop in. Tiberghien, Susan M. // Christian Science Monitor;4/1/98, Vol. 90 Issue 87, p16
Presents the author's comments on the use of the term `dropping in' during a trip to France. Reaction to the use of the term.
- Glossary. // Monthly Energy Review;Dec97, p167
Presents a glossary of terms used in `Energy Review' magazine. Definition of anthracite; Description of asphalt; Information on aviation gasoline blending components; Details on other terms.
- GLOSSARY. Williams, Colleen Madonna Flood // Festivals of Mexico;2003, p58
The article presents a glossary of terms that are associated with Mexico.
- Let's hear it for the lowly sound bite! Wernick, Robert // Smithsonian;Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p62
Describes the use of sound bites throughout history. Definition of a sound bite; The influence that sound bites have on the public; Values attached to sound bites; Importance of what is said and when it is said; Negative slant given to the term `sound byie' by editorialists and commentators;...
- Snookered again. Lawson, Ron // Dirt Bike;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p6
Recounts an indivdual experience on a motorrace with Tim Olson.
- Glossary. // Bangladesh;2005, pN.PAG
This chapter presents a glossary of terms related to Bangladesh.
- The detachable `dis' word. Andreae, Christopher // Christian Science Monitor;4/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 93, p17
Describes humorously the usage of the word `dis.'
- Terms to know. // Junior Scholastic;10/18/96, Vol. 99 Issue 4/5, p38
Presents a glossary of terms found in the `World in Focus' and `Who's Who Among Government Leaders' articles of the October 18, 1996 edition of the `Junior Scholastic' periodical.
- Key words. // Scholastic Update;02/23/98, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p20
Presents terms and phrases relating to politics and government. Definition of terms and phrases.