Sony Wonder, Nickelodeon launch Nick Junior video
- Cable TV. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;3/6/95, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the consistent climb of Nickelodeon's `Nick Jr' television program ratings. Rating since October 1994; Help from advertising exposure; Debut of shows.
- Scatter matters for Nick Jr./CBS. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/05/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
Reports on scatter advertisers at the Nick Jr./CBS Saturday morning programming block at Nickelodeon. Signing of Tootsie Roll, Disney Home Video and toy maker Microgames in February 2001; Program's sale of four minutes per hour.
- Nick's not playing games. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p3
Focuses on the television series for children by Nickelodeon in the United States. Budget associated in the programming; Competition among kid networks; Decline in the performance rating of prime time shows; Representation of Latino characters in the television series; List of Latino-themed...
- Sony, Nick are quits. Matzer, Marla // Brandweek;6/03/96, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p3
Reports that Viacom will regain the Nickelodeon home video line after its deal with Sony Wonder expires later in 1996. Amount paid by Sony for the Nickelodeon license before the Viacom/Paramount merger; Paramount Home Video's beachhead in the lucrative sell-through children's video market.
- Sony Wonder gets animated. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;05/04/98, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p75
States that Sony Wonder, the children's and family arm of Sony Music has acquired Sunbow Entertainment, which produces the animated Nickelodeon series `Brothers Flub,' and the Discovery Channel's `Salty's Lighthouse.' Indication that Sunbow has been looking for a strategic partner for some time...
- Nick Jr. gives CBS a ratings boost. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;12/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p1A
Reports on the ratings gain of Nickelodeon's Nick Jr. Saturday preschool television program lineup on CBS. Potential for grabbing a larger share of the kids advertising market; Efforts to place the morning block on CBS inventory in the scatter marketplace; Speculation that Nick Jr. will start...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.