- The status of queen conch, Strombus gigas, research in the Caribbean. Stoner, Allan W. // Marine Fisheries Review;1997, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p14
Summarizes important advances made in the study of queen conch (Strombus gigas) since the scientific workshop on queen conch held in Caracas, Venezuela in July 1991. Habitat requirements and nursery grounds; Juvenile mortality and stock enhancement; Larval ecology and fisheries oceanography;...
- Escargot exporter. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;May/Jun94, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p49
Cites the International Heliciculture Institute, Turin, Italy, which estimates the worldwide demand for edible snails, a gourmet delicacy known as escargot, is 270,000 tons, which is currently being met by Turkey and Morocco. Turkey the world's largest exporter of edible snails; Other snail...
- Farming Finland's succulent new crop: snails. Mycek, Shari // Christian Science Monitor;5/30/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 129, p16
Focuses on snail farmers and restaurateurs in Finland, where eating snails has become popular, and presents a recipe for escargot a la Bourguignonne.
- You've got snail. Hoy, Anthony // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/8/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6345, p14
Features the culinary preparation of Burgundy snail or escargot in France. Procedures in preparing the garden snail dish; Lucrative market of the snail; Status of snail farming industry.
- Snails: From menu to menace. Gulmahamad, Hanif // Pest Control;Oct2005, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p99
Focuses on the milk snail infestation in Los Angeles, California. Influence of the changes in weather on the increased population of snails; Overview of the introduction of the species in the U.S.; Strategies for milk snails.
- Melons with a snail twist. Stanisic, John // Wildlife Australia;Spring2005, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on the melon snails in the Northern Territory. Features of various melon snails; Estimated number of snail species in the Northern Territory; Distribution area in Queensland; Snail behavior.
- A Conjugation of Snails. Hartmann, Frederick; Pfletschinger, Hans // Natural History;Aug/Sep77, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p104
Focuses on the behavior and breeding habits of ground edible snails. Comparison with marine snails; Protection during hibernation; Photograph of cross-copulation; Steps in deposition of fertilized eggs; Diet of hatchlings.
- Slime time! Sharpe, Patricia // Texas Monthly;Mar96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p28
Features Escargot International, a producer of edible snails in Texas. Escargot's marketing goal; Company owners; Clients of the company.
- Effects of Preliminary Administration of Haloperidol in Low Doses on the Effects of Haloperidol on Behavioral Reactions and Command Neuron Membrane Potential in Edible Snail. Epstein, O. I.; Sergeeva, S. A.; Dugina, Yu. L.; Andrianov, V. V.; Gainutdinova, T. Kh.; Ismailova, A. I.; Muranova, L. N.; Gainutdinov, Kh. L. // Bulletin of Experimental Biology & Medicine;Nov2009, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p754
We studied the effects of preliminary administration of haloperidol in low doses on changes in motor activity of edible snail and in electrical properties of defensive behavior command neurons induced by chronic administration of haloperidol. The rate of locomotion decreased after injections of...