How your memos can help you sell your ideas
- Disciplinary memos. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Nov91, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p19
Discusses the unawareness of managers and supervisors in creating disciplinary memos that gives different messages. Comments of Pat Jonker and T. Zane Reeves regarding the memos; Recommendations on the format of the disciplinary memo. INSET: In a nutshell..
- Making memos meaningful. Seitel, Fraser P. // Public Relations Tactics;Oct94, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p6
Offers advice on how to make meaningful memorandums. Elements of a meaningful memo; Stating the issue; Backing up the data; Presenting alternatives; Offering a recommendation; Backing up with detail; Demanding action; Action-oriented memo as a good memo. INSETS: Top tips.;Memorandum, by F.P.S..
- Cabinet memo reveals plan. Barnsley, Paul // Windspeaker;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p1
Reports on revelation of an intensive media campaign by the Canada Department of Indian and Northern Affairs memorandum of Cabinet on the First Nations governance legislation to control public disclosure on the act. Request from the minister of Indian affairs for non-publication of criticisms...
- General law. // Reporter;Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p19
Relates information on the Atwood Memorandum which is used on official travel and has been revised to comply with an issued circular A-126 of the Office and Management and Budget. Regulation of the use of the revision; What does the memo address; Why should the Saint John Ambulance Association...
- Memos From Hell. // Fortune;2/3/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 2, p120
Presents a series of office memos which use complex language to express simple concepts. Compiled by Better Communications of Lexington, Massachusetts.
- Untitled. // Beaver;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p10
The article provides a memoranda of events in Canada including the celebration of the founding of the Sisters of Charity of Montreal in December 31, to remember the Dawson City Nuggets in January 16, and to mark the approval of charter for Newfoundland in January 27.
- Let's hear for memos! Pollock, Ted // Automotive Production;Mar1996, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p10
Discusses the importance of memo in the success of a company. Uses of memo; Characteristics of a good memo; Views about memo.
- LCCI and DLC sign MoU. // Enterprise (Pakistan);Aug2011, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p7
The article reports that a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed by the organizations, Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) and Diverse Learning Concepts (DLC) Worldwide, in Pakistan.
- MEMORANDUM. // New Yorker;11/25/1967, Vol. 43 Issue 40, p248
An excerpt from a document from the New York State Mental Hygiene Department referring to a memorandum is presented.