Play: An Assessment Tool and Intervention Strategy
- Little monsters. Mitchels, Ba // Therapy Today;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p47
The article reviews the book "A Manual of Dynamic Play Therapy: Helping Things That Fall Apart, the Paradox of Play," by Dennis McCarthy.
- Book review: play therapy. Streeting, Jessica // Community Practitioner;Dec2011, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p16
The article reviews the book "Creating Children's Art Games for Emotional Support," by Vicky Barber.
- Individual Psychology: New Insights, Questions, and Applications. Kern, Roy M.; Curlette, William L. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Spring2009, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by James Robert Bitter et al. on the first psychologist to embrace a profeminist position in psychology and another by Mary O. Morrison on play therapy.
- Late reports. // Playthings;Jan95, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p4
Features a picture that shows Corolle doll designer Madame Catherine Refabert taking part in a children's medical play therapy.
- Child-centered play therapy. Landreth, Garry L. // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Oct93, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p17
Discusses the child-centered play therapy. Play as a child's language of self-expression; Intrinsic motivation of children; Role of the therapist; Selection of play materials; Therapeutic limit setting; Case illustration.
- Errata. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Jun2007, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p68
A correction to the article "Adjusting Limit Setting in Play Therapy with First-Generation Mexican-American Children," by Roxanna Perez, Sylvia Z. Ramirez and Peter L. Kranz is presented.
- Beyond Adapting Adult Counseling Skills for Use with Children: The Paradigm Shift to Child-Centered Play Therapy. Landreth, Garry; Baggerly, Jennifer; Tyndall-Lind, Ashley // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p272
Describes the paradigm shift to child-centered play therapy in the counseling of children. Use of adult counseling skills; Need for development of counseling skills.
- Integrating the Crucial Cs into Adlerian Play Therapy. Kottman, Terry // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p288
Describes an addition to the practice of the Adlerian play therapy. Exploration of child's lifestyle; Reorientation and reeducation of child.
- Case Study Using Adlerian Play Therapy. Snow, Marilyn S.; Buckley, Matthew R.; Williams, Sylvia C. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p328
Describes the principles of Adlerian play therapy. Consultations with school; Overview of family constellation; Child's entry into egalitarian relationship.