Replies to the question: Who should conduct outcomes research?
- First-ever panel is convened to test outcomes measures. A.C. // AHA News;10/28/96, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p3
Features a project that will review and test outcome measures for breast cancer, diabetes and depression treatments. Project handled by the US Health Care Financing Administration.
- Operational assessments: A must for gauging practice efficiency. Collins, Hobart; Lee, Veronica // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p20
Discusses operational assessment of physician practice. Coverage of operational assessments; Operational assessment and practice acquisitions; Reasons for assessments; Aim of improving physician practice operations.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p75
Presents an abstract of the article entitled `Rasch Analysis for Outcomes Measures: Some Methodological Considerations,' by W-C Chang and C. Chan published in the 1995 issue of the periodical `Archives of Physical Medical Rehabilitation'.
- You don't have to be a biostatistician to set up your own outcomes system. Stout, Chris // Psychotherapy Letter;Feb96, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p7
Responds to an inquiry on how to set up an outcomes system. Components of an outcomes system; Measurement of patient satisfaction.
- Health care providers now measuring outcomes. Weinper, Michael // San Diego Business Journal;6/03/96, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p20
No abstract available.
- Health care providers now measuring outcomes. Weinper, Michael // San Diego Business Journal;02/03/97, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p20
Presents information on `outcomes measurement' or cost reduction relating to health care. How cost reduction and cost management improved the manage health care service; Introduction of capitation; Comments from Jim Sibbet, of James E. Sibbet Physical Therapy.
- NHS publishes data on patient reported health outcomes. Wise, Jacqui // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/25/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7774, p624
The article reports that the first study of patient reported outcome measures (PROMS) for four surgical procedures in National Health Service (NHS) hospitals in England was published in September 2010.
- Outcome management: Getting a grip. McFarland, Barbara; Wuest, Steve // Behavioral Health Management;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p39
Presents clinical outcome studies as useful data sources that can help communicate and improve the quality of program benefits. Evolutionary process for the evaluation in behavioral healthcare; Cross-sectional and longitudinal approach of outcome research; Evaluation of the research.
- Health care outcomes to be evaluated. // Health Care Financing Review;Summer91, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p177
Reports on a joint project launched by a consortium of major American employers and managed care organizations to evaluate outcomes of health care among medical benefit plan members. Commitment of 24 companies to the planning phase of a feasibility study and demonstration project; Overall...