Top grocers in the Tucson area
- Local independent grocer marks 20 years in Reedley. Oken, Doreen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/21/2000, Issue 322658, p15
Reports on the celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Town and Country Market grocery store in Reedley, Fresno, California. Founding of the business by brothers Dennis and Larry Lowe and cousins Brian Wong and Doug Young in 1980; Commitment to the community; Decline in the number of smaller...
- ECR: Leveling The Playing Field. Stadler, Kevin // Food Logistics;9/15/2002, Issue 53, p49
Deals with the advantage of Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) processes to the worldwide grocery industry. Suggestion of the Grocery Manufacturers of America for retailers and manufacturers to step up collaboration efforts; Achievement award received by Londis...
- Unified Exits Retail. // Frozen Food Age;Feb2003, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p58
Presents information on the decision of Unified Western Grocers to close its stores in the U.S. Reason for closing the stores; Background on the wholesale distribution business of Unified Western Grocers.
- Indiana c-store group eyes grocery merger. Owyer, Steve // National Petroleum News;Nov93, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p20
Reports on Convenience Food and Fuel Marketers of Indiana's possible merger with Indiana Retail Grocer's Association. Features of convenience and grocery stores; Stipulations of the merger plan.
- Neighborhood shops are the new retail winners. // MarketWatch: Food;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that the arrival of the major grocers in Great Britain's small store arena is driving improved sector performance. Smaller convenience stores need to improve their service offerings to counter the threat posed by supermarket giants. Presence of major grocers into the...
- United Wholesale to widen its offer with Polmadie extension. // Grocer;12/11/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7985, p10
The article reports on the plan of Scotland-based wholesaler United Wholesale Grocers to increase the size of its Polmadie depot in 2011.
- Grocers in struggle with warehouses. // Marketing News;3/14/94, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p13
The article focuses on the ongoing competition between independent grocers and warehouse club stores. Large warehouse-style stores including Sam's Club and BJ's are taking an increasing share of the market held by independent grocers. Partly because of competition from warehouses, sales growth...
- Ohio Grocers Fighting CAT. Veiders, Christina // SN: Supermarket News;1/12/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p48
The article presents information on the confrontation of the commercial activity tax (CAT), by the Ohio Grocers Association. The association filed a lawsuit in 2006 claiming the tax is unconstitutional, and is waiting judicial acceptance by the Ohio Supreme Court after an appellate court ruled...
- Rewe: on the attack. // MarketWatch: Food;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p21
No abstract available.