Top grocers in the Tucson area
- ECR: Leveling The Playing Field. Stadler, Kevin // Food Logistics;9/15/2002, Issue 53, p49
Deals with the advantage of Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) processes to the worldwide grocery industry. Suggestion of the Grocery Manufacturers of America for retailers and manufacturers to step up collaboration efforts; Achievement award received by Londis...
- Indiana c-store group eyes grocery merger. Owyer, Steve // National Petroleum News;Nov93, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p20
Reports on Convenience Food and Fuel Marketers of Indiana's possible merger with Indiana Retail Grocer's Association. Features of convenience and grocery stores; Stipulations of the merger plan.
- Neighborhood shops are the new retail winners. // MarketWatch: Food;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that the arrival of the major grocers in Great Britain's small store arena is driving improved sector performance. Smaller convenience stores need to improve their service offerings to counter the threat posed by supermarket giants. Presence of major grocers into the...
- United Wholesale to widen its offer with Polmadie extension. // Grocer;12/11/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7985, p10
The article reports on the plan of Scotland-based wholesaler United Wholesale Grocers to increase the size of its Polmadie depot in 2011.
- Grocers in struggle with warehouses. // Marketing News;3/14/94, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p13
The article focuses on the ongoing competition between independent grocers and warehouse club stores. Large warehouse-style stores including Sam's Club and BJ's are taking an increasing share of the market held by independent grocers. Partly because of competition from warehouses, sales growth...
- Rewe: on the attack. // MarketWatch: Food;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p21
No abstract available.
- News Watch. // SN: Supermarket News;8/28/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 35, p6
The article presents news briefs related to grocery trade in the U.S. as of August 28, 2006. Unified Western Grocers announced that its net income for the third quarter of 2006 more than doubled to $5.1 million. Giant Food opened six new or replacement stores but it will also closed 7 additional...
- Foodhearty? Nakada, Gail // J@pan Inc.;May2000, Issue 7, p22
Deals with the emergence of Internet-based online grocers in Japan. Information on the top online grocers; Challenges facing the Internet grocers; Details on a study of the United States online grocery market.
- Increase in Members Drives AWG's Sales. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;4/4/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 14, p50
Deals with the financial performance of Kansas City, Kansas-based Associated Wholesale Grocers Inc. (AWG) for the year ended December 25, 2004. Percentage increase in the sales; Increase in the number of membership of AWG; Reason behind the increase of the membership.