Top grocers in the Tucson area
- ECR: Leveling The Playing Field. Stadler, Kevin // Food Logistics;9/15/2002, Issue 53, p49
Deals with the advantage of Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) processes to the worldwide grocery industry. Suggestion of the Grocery Manufacturers of America for retailers and manufacturers to step up collaboration efforts; Achievement award received by Londis...
- Indiana c-store group eyes grocery merger. Owyer, Steve // National Petroleum News;Nov93, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p20
Reports on Convenience Food and Fuel Marketers of Indiana's possible merger with Indiana Retail Grocer's Association. Features of convenience and grocery stores; Stipulations of the merger plan.
- Neighborhood shops are the new retail winners. // MarketWatch: Food;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that the arrival of the major grocers in Great Britain's small store arena is driving improved sector performance. Smaller convenience stores need to improve their service offerings to counter the threat posed by supermarket giants. Presence of major grocers into the...
- Grocers in struggle with warehouses. // Marketing News;3/14/94, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p13
The article focuses on the ongoing competition between independent grocers and warehouse club stores. Large warehouse-style stores including Sam's Club and BJ's are taking an increasing share of the market held by independent grocers. Partly because of competition from warehouses, sales growth...
- Rewe: on the attack. // MarketWatch: Food;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p21
The article reports on the efforts of grocer Rewe to increase its market share in grocery retailing to 20% in Germany. Recently, the company has allocated E1.2 billion for future investments. It also reported that its sales increased by E115 million in 2006. It is also expecting for a 3%...
- Foodhearty? Nakada, Gail // J@pan Inc.;May2000, Issue 7, p22
Deals with the emergence of Internet-based online grocers in Japan. Information on the top online grocers; Challenges facing the Internet grocers; Details on a study of the United States online grocery market.
- Increase in Members Drives AWG's Sales. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;4/4/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 14, p50
Deals with the financial performance of Kansas City, Kansas-based Associated Wholesale Grocers Inc. (AWG) for the year ended December 25, 2004. Percentage increase in the sales; Increase in the number of membership of AWG; Reason behind the increase of the membership.
- THE GROCER MARKETING DIRECTORY '96 (Book). // European Retail Digest;Spring96, Issue 10, p46
Reviews the book 'The Grocer Marketing Directory '96.'
- Unified Sponsors Youth Employment Program. // Supermarket News Exclusive Insight;8/ 2/2011, p7
The article announces the plan of Unified Grocers to provide opportunities for 57 high school students to learn how the grocery industry works through its 16th annual Summer Young Employment Program.