Top grocers in the Tucson area
- ECR: Leveling The Playing Field. Stadler, Kevin // Food Logistics;9/15/2002, Issue 53, p49
Deals with the advantage of Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) processes to the worldwide grocery industry. Suggestion of the Grocery Manufacturers of America for retailers and manufacturers to step up collaboration efforts; Achievement award received by Londis...
- Indiana c-store group eyes grocery merger. Owyer, Steve // National Petroleum News;Nov93, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p20
Reports on Convenience Food and Fuel Marketers of Indiana's possible merger with Indiana Retail Grocer's Association. Features of convenience and grocery stores; Stipulations of the merger plan.
- Neighborhood shops are the new retail winners. // MarketWatch: Food;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that the arrival of the major grocers in Great Britain's small store arena is driving improved sector performance. Smaller convenience stores need to improve their service offerings to counter the threat posed by supermarket giants. Presence of major grocers into the...
- Rewe: on the attack. // MarketWatch: Food;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p21
The article reports on the efforts of grocer Rewe to increase its market share in grocery retailing to 20% in Germany. Recently, the company has allocated E1.2 billion for future investments. It also reported that its sales increased by E115 million in 2006. It is also expecting for a 3%...
- Foodhearty? Nakada, Gail // J@pan Inc.;May2000, Issue 7, p22
Deals with the emergence of Internet-based online grocers in Japan. Information on the top online grocers; Challenges facing the Internet grocers; Details on a study of the United States online grocery market.
- THE GROCER MARKETING DIRECTORY '96 (Book). // European Retail Digest;Spring96, Issue 10, p46
Reviews the book 'The Grocer Marketing Directory '96.'
- Unified Sponsors Youth Employment Program. // Supermarket News Exclusive Insight;8/ 2/2011, p7
The article announces the plan of Unified Grocers to provide opportunities for 57 high school students to learn how the grocery industry works through its 16th annual Summer Young Employment Program.
- Competition Commission: inquiry focus shifts to local markets. // MarketWatch: Food;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p20
The article comments on a paper issued by the British Competition Commission concerning its intention to shift its investigation into local markets. As stated, the report has little concerns on the impact of grocers on grocery wholesalers. The main purpose of the investigation is to recognize...
- Asda: local sourcing a winner on a number of levels. // MarketWatch: Food;Jun2007, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p19
The article reports on the plan of Asda Stores Ltd. to expanding its local sourcing operations in Great Britain. The expansion program comes at a time when local sourcing is a hot issue in the grocery trade. The plan will provide the grocers a way to counter criticism that they have become too...