In the family way
Tags: NONFICTION novel
- Writing a photo-essay. Arnold, Caroline // Book Links;May98, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p56
Presents information on writing nonfiction. Writing experience of the author; Information on books written by the author, including `African Animals.' INSET: Be an archaeologist.
- Bestsellers. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 241, p14
Presents the names of hardcover nonfiction books. `Making The Connection:...' by Bob Green and Oprah Winfrey, `American Tragedy' by Schiller and Willwerth, `Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray, `The Zone' by Barry Sears' and `The Dilbert Principle' by Scott Adams. INSET:...
- A checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Sudol, Peg; King, Caryn M. // Reading Teacher;Feb96, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p422
Describes a checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Use of trade books to teach language arts; Organization and layout of trade books.
- Nonfiction that youngsters will line up to read or pore... Lewis, Shirley // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p18
Present information about different nonfiction novel that youngsters will like to read. `Flipbook animation,' by Patrick Jenkins; `Free stuff for kids -- 9th edition,' by Sylvia Hill; `Giants Angus McAskill and Anna Swan,' by Jacqueline Langille; More.
- Series roundup. // Booklist;04/15/97, Vol. 93 Issue 16, p1439
Presents nonfiction series books. Includes `Edward James Olmos,' by Louis Carrillo; `You Are the Senator,' by Nathan Aaseng; `Ndebele,' by Elizabeth Ann Schneider.
- Series roundup. // Booklist;Jul97, Vol. 93 Issue 21, p1823
Features various nonfiction series books which are grouped under series titles and listed alphabetically by the authors.
- Untitled. // Publishers Weekly;3/28/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 13, p79
Reviews various nonfiction books. `Hard to Swallow,' by Richard Lacey; `Consumed: Why Americans Love, Hate and Fear Food,' by Michelle Stacy; `Living with Aids: A photographic Journal,' by Sal Lopes; `The Jewish 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Jews of All Time,' by Michael Shapiro.
- Nonfic needed 25 slots. Maryles, Daisy; Sanborn, Margaret // Publishers Weekly;5/8/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 19, p24
Lists the nonfiction books which were almost included in `Publishers Weekly' magazine's top 15 nonfiction list. Includes `The Discipline of Market Leaders,' by Michael Treacy and Fred Wiersema; `Paula,' by Isabel Allende; `Being Digital by Nicholas Negroponte.
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;10/9/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 41, p68
Reviews several nonfiction books. Includes `That Dark and Bloody River,' by Allan W. Eckert, `City of Beads,' by Tony Dunbar, `Sky Over El Nido,' by C.M. Mayo.