Relative Prices of Dual Class Shares
- Milacron nixes 'supervoting'. Bregar, Bill // Plastics News;6/2/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p5
Milacron Inc. shareholders will get one vote for each share of stock, after they eliminated "supervoting rights" at the company's annual meeting on May 23, 2003. The company-backed proxy won with more than 58 percent of votes. The one-share/one-vote proposal followed an unsuccessful proxy by...
- Guilt by association. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p34
The article focuses on how to avoid breaches of the New Zealand Takeover Code governing mergers and acquisitions. Topics include shareholders' agreements and preemptive rights, exemptions to the fifty shareholder threshold requirement, and restrictions on shareholder voting control and influence...
- A Reexamination of Corporate Governance and Equity Prices. Johnson, Shane A.; Moorman, Theodore C.; Sorescu, Sorin // Review of Financial Studies;Nov2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p4753
We reexamine long-term abnormal returns for portfolios sorted on governance characteristics. Firms with strong shareholder rights and firms with weak shareholder rights differ from the population of firms and from each other in how they cluster across industries. Using well-specified tests under...
- When 51% is not enough. // Finweek;12/7/2006, p32
The author reflects on the issues on the Shoprite buyout. He stated that the deal seems to have been structured deliberately to frustrate minority shareholders' rights, with the intention to make it conditional on only 51% vote. He also cited that in an event when the directors go along with the...
- United Utilities. Grainge, Zoe // Utility Week;9/19/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p28
Reports on the launching of the stock rights issue of Cheshire, England-based United Utilities. Price of the shares offered by the company; Purpose of the cash to be raised from the offering; Increase in turnover of United in its full-year results to March 2003.
- A real value corker. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finweek;10/1/2009, p34
The article reports on the cheap and valuable stocks on offer by the Paarl, South Africa-based wine and brandy maker KWV Holdings to shareholders in its 150 million rands rights offer. It notes that the company's offered on price discount is 750 cents by 17 percent which was said to attract most...
- Optionsschein (Ger.). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p198
Information on the term " optionsschein" is presented. It refers to a right held by shareholders in order to buy more shares at an agreed price. This right of the shareholder is itself tradable.
- Factors Affecting the Value of the Stock Voting Right: Evidence from the Swiss Equity Market. Kunz, Roger M.; Angel, James J. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Autumn96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p7
Reports that Switzerland offers a natural setting for investigating factors affecting the value of the stock voting rights. Previous work on the value of corporate voting rights; Equity capital structure of Swiss companies; Data used in the study; Measurement of the premium in value of the...
- Business should act for all its stakeholders--before `the feds' do. Mahoney, Richard J. // NACD Directorship;Feb97, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the need for corporations to take heed of employee and other stakeholders' rights. Need to modify corporate behavior; Anger caused by executive stock-option gains; Broadening stock option participation.