- Small victories---healthy kids. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jan2004, Issue 255, p18
Highlights the study published in the "Journal of the American Dietetic Association" investigating approaches to preventing obesity and maintaining healthy weight in children. Two concepts vital for achieving better health in children; Promotion of self-esteem in children.
- Ounces of prevention that are worth pounds of cure. // Medical Update;Nov94, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on obesity in children. Importance of controlling weight in children to prevent adult obesity; Weight loss program for overweight children at the Weight Reduction Clinic of the Children's Hospital of Louisiana State University in New Orleans; Suggestions for parents of overweight children.
- O34 The Little Bites, Big Steps Program to Reduce Childhood Obesity. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul/Aug2009 Supplement, Vol. 41 Issue S4, pS14
An abstract of the article "The Little Bites, Big Steps Program to Reduce Childhood Obesity," by Jo Ann S. Carson is presented.
- P50 Collaboration for Health, Activity and Nutrition in Children's Environments (CHANCE): Helping Low-Income Parents Prevent Childhood Overweight. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul/Aug2009 Supplement, Vol. 41 Issue S4, pS36
An abstract of the article "Collaboration for Health, Activity and Nutrition in Children's Environments (CHANCE): Helping Low-Income Parents Prevent Childhood Overweight," by Megan Lent is presented.
- Health. Harper, Todd // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1992, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p12
Explains the suggestion that Australian parents and teachers should encourage their children to take up sporting activities in order to avoid obesity, as presented in the October 10, 1992 issue of `Mercury.' Increase in the number of obese children in the country.
- YOUR LETTERS. // Parenting Early Years;Jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p15
The article discusses letters which laud the periodical's "Fit Generation" campaign, which intends to help children avoid childhood obesity.
- Fun Food Apps for Kids. // Kiwi;Nov2010, p48
The article presents information on the Apps for Healthy Kids competition being conducted in the U.S. in October 2010 as part of the Let's Move! campaign of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Hop to it: White House adding exercise to Easter. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/3/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 80, pA8
The article announces that the annual event White House Easter Egg Roll will have exercise activities as a campaign against childhood obesity in the U.S.
- Children and obesity. Smith, Lendon H. // Total Health;Oct95, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p19
Discusses the health disorder called obesity in children. Physical attributes and psychology of endomorphs; Reasons for obesity; Influence of genetic traits on obesity; Preventive measures; Relationship of obesity and cancer.