Greenpoint acquires Barclays mortgage arm
- Barclays offers assumable loan. Saft, James H. // American Banker;11/12/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 217, p11
Reports on BarclaysAmerican Mortgage Corp.'s home loan that can be assumed by subsequent buyers of the house. Fixed-rate assumable mortgage; Securitization of the loans through BZW Investment Bank.
- Norwest to buy Barclays/American servicing unit. // Mortgage Banking;Mar95, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p6
Reports on Norwest Mortgage's planned purchase of BarclaysAmerican Mortgage Corp.'s $15 billion servicing portfolio and its servicing center in Charlotte, North Carolina. Other pending purchase deals of Norwest.
- Norwest acquires Barclays unit's servicing, center. Kulkosky, Edward // American Banker;4/5/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 65, p7
Reports on the completion of Norwest Mortgage Inc.'s purchase of the servicing portfolio and mortgage servicing center of BarclaysAmerican Mortgage Corp. Implications of the deal for both parties; Profiles of both companies.
- GreenPoint Claims Higher Market Share. // National Mortgage News;5/13/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p19
Reports on the increase of the mortgage origination for GreenPoint Financial Corp. in New York. Factors contributing to the rise of the company's net income; Stability of the company's specialty mortgage and consumer banking business; Decline in mortgage applications.
- GreenPoint Sees 23% Rise in 2002 Income. // National Mortgage News;1/27/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p22
Reports the increase in GreenPoint Financial Corp.'s income in New York, New York in 2002. Factors contributing to the rise of net income rate; Comparison of revenues between 2001 and 2002.
- GreenPoint to divide main office between Manhattan, Long... Kraus, James R. // American Banker;5/13/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 91, p8
Reports on reorganization of GreenPoint Financial Corporation's administrative and management operations between Manhattan and Long Island. Statistics on GreenPoint's assets; Bank's application to issue a bond for capital investments; Earnings by GreenPoint for the first quarter of 1996;...
- A bank grows in Greenpoint. Radigan, Joseph // U.S. Banker;Jul95, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p8
Features Flushing, N.Y.-based GreenPoint Financial Corp. Bank's purchase of Home Savings branches from H.F. Ahmanson Inc.; Bank Chairman Thomas Johnson's strategy for the company; Deal's impact on the bank's business operations.
- Greenpoint to consider sale proposal. // American Banker;3/8/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 46, p20
Reports on Greenpoint Financial Corp.'s consideration of a sale proposal due to increasing pressure from shareholders. Rise in the company's share price.
- GreenPoint execs shuffled as 2 divisions merge. Timmons, Heather // American Banker;1/15/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p12
Gives information on the management changes to be made at GreenPoint Financial Corporation, following the merging of its New York and national mortgage divisions. Who will head the merged division; Responsibilities of Chuck Richardson, who will fill the position of executive vice president for...