TITLE

Gentle exercise is good

PUB. DATE
July 1995
SOURCE
Consumer Reports on Health;Jul95, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p77
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
Reports on the need of light exercise recommended by a panel, convened by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American College of Sports Medicine. Kind of the exercises; Minimum time recommended by the panel.
ACCESSION #
9507241936

 

Related Articles

  • Getting Exercise, Happily or Not. Dolliver, Mark // Brandweek;6/1/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 22, special section p20 

    The article discusses the incidence of physical exercise in the U.S. A report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 32% of adults participate in regular exercise. An index on well-being from Gallup-Healthways found that persons who exercise frequently rated themselves...

  • WALK FOR LIFE.  // Malakoff News (TX);9/24/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 38, p7A 

    The article offers information on results of the study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showing the good effects of physical activities such as exercise and walking in the health of persons with diabetes.

  • Untitled.  // Shape;Apr2008, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p120 

    The article presents information on a survey of more than 350,000 women by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, according to which 47% of the respondents are exercising for 30 minutes on most days. It is suggested that women who are in the other 53% should start exercising.

  • Prevalence of Self-Reported Physically Active Adults-- United States, 2007. Carlson, S. A.; Fulton, J. E.; Galuska, D. A.; Kruger, J.; Lobelo, F.; Loustalot, F. V. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/4/2009, Vol. 301 Issue 9, p926 

    The article summarizes a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analysis of data from the 2007 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) survey. A state-based, random-digit-dialed telephone survey included questions regarding participation in moderate-intensity and...

  • Get Moving, America.  // Body Bulletin;Oct2004, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p2 

    The article suggests ways to do daily exercises. Sixty minutes of moderate daily exercise is the best way to fight with growing weight problem, according to the National Academies' Food and Nutrition Board. Moderate exercise, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is...

  • Oh, Lardy. Atkinson, Jim // Texas Monthly;Nov2005, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p72 

    Clarifies the issues that have emerged from the contradicting report of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention which stated that the epidemic of obesity would soon be a public hazard, and a report from a group of scientists who claimed that being fat might ensure longer life than...

  • Hit Your Weight Loss Zone.  // Prevention;Oct2008, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p110 

    The article reports that research at the University of North Carolina reveals that only about 1% of adults reach their exercise goal, differing from results from a report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control which found that 27% of adults claim to do vigorous activity for 60 minutes a week....

  • Nation's youth not getting enough exercise, report says.  // Infectious Diseases in Children;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p12 

    The article discusses the "State Indicator Report on Physical Activity 2010" from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which found that only around 17% of high school students in the U.S. get enough exercise.

  • Rx: Exercise.  // Arthritis Today;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p24 

    Focuses on a fitness prescription which gives directions for activities that a patient needs to perform. Benefits of talking about exercise with doctors; Information on a health communications campaign launched by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. INSET: EXERCISE: The Pain...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics