Fall crunch on Medicare budget
- President signs budget act: Family physicians win... Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;09/01/97, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p697
Focuses on the comprehensive budget measure containing changes in Medicare reimbursement signed by US President Bill Clinton. Changes in primary care payments; Implementation date of practice expenses; Organizations opposing from the `down payment' of physicians.
- House committee approves legislation paving way for Medicare bidding. Brown, Steve // AHA News;11/5/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the approval of the United States Medicare Regulatory, Appeals, Contracting and Education Reform Act in October 2001. Purpose of the legislation; Sponsors of the legislation; Requirements of the legislation for health care contractors; Provisions of the legislation.
- Health experts, lawmakers debate rush to change Medicare. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;3/27/95, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p3
Reports on debates arising from proposed Medicare legislative changes. Admonition against plans of changing managed care programs for senior citizens; Impact of the changes on Medicare's infrastructure; Discussion of balancing financial matters in Medicare.
- Senate passes Medicare Select expansion bill. // AHA News;5/22/95, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the approved legislation concerning Medicare reforms at the US Congress. Senate's approval of a legislation to expand the Medicare Select program permanently to all states; Approval of Senator Jay Rockefeller's proposal to require the Department of Health and Human Services to report...
- Experts offer Medicare-reform approaches. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;7/3/95, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p3
Reports on Medicare reform policies recommended by health care policy experts in the United States. Options in shutting down fee-for-service medicine and third party payments; Heritage Foundation's proposal; Public support for Medicare vouchers; Panel to review proposed Medicare changes.
- Expanded choice...but at what cost? Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;8/14/95, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p7
Focuses on the proposal to give seniors vouchers to cover the cost of their Medicare benefits and allow them to choose their own health care providers. Senator Judd Greg's `Choice Care' proposal; Support for vouchers from some groups of health care providers and seniors; Opposition to vouchers...
- Health care advocates take a long look at Republican plan. Aston, Geri // AHA News;10/9/95, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p1
Reports that the House Republicans' Medicare-reform plan has received mixed reviews from health care interest groups. Items that favor doctors and hospitals include malpractice reform and regulatory relief; American Medical Association's reservation of judgment until final provider...
- Congress examines provider-sponsored networks. Aston, Geri // AHA News;11/6/95, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the question concerning the certification of provider-sponsored networks under the Medicare reform. Differences between the United States House and Senate budget-reconciliation plans; Insurers vs. hospital concerns.
- Groups go public with Medicare-reform pleas. Aston, Geri // AHA News;11/13/95, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the public debate between health care provider and insurance groups in the United States over proposed Medicare reform plans in Congress. Disagreement about provider-sponsored network regulation under Medicare; Failure of lawmakers to agree on which version of provider-network...
- House PSO bill picks up additional sponsors. // AHA News;2/17/97, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the introduction of a bill to the US Congress that would allow qualified provider-sponsored organizations to contract directly with Medicare. Sponsors of the bill.