CNN plans `Communicopia'
- HBO investigates hate. Gennusa, Chris // Daily Variety;11/27/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 60, pA2
Reports on the programs due in spring for Home Box Office in the United States. 'The Laramie Project'; 'Path to War'; 'The Lonely War.'
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Cartoon taps `Dexter' for series. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/4/95, Vol. 125 Issue 36, p45
Reports that Cartoon Network will have to tap `Dexter's Laboratory,' a cartoon TV series, in using short-form programming to test its series orders. Sampling viewing at the World Premiere Toons; Projected date of regular showing; Featuring of the work of established animators as rising stars.
- C-SPANing the globe. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 16, p18
Reports on C-SPAN's April 21, 1996 launch of its first programing block on a United Kingdom cable system. Channel program block will be featured on.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- Nets Slate New Episodes of 'Bull,' 'Beach' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p28
Reports the purchase of additional series of the television programs 'Son of the Beach' and 'Bull' by FX and Turner Network Television in the United States. Audience rating generated for the programs; Comparison of the ratings performance with other cable series; Continuation of promotional...
- MTV's Fall Slate a Reality World. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;05/07/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p28
Presents several television programming of Music Television (MTV) in the United States. Details the story of television shows Flipped; Information on the various programs of MTV; Announcement on the launching of television shows.
- Fox Sports' Spanish Net To Televise World Series. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;05/07/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p28
Reports on the Spanish language telecasts of the Major League Baseball playoffs and World Series games by Fox Sports World Espanol in Spain. Details the broadcast rights of the company; Expansion of the distribution services of the network; Impact of the telecast on the rating of the company.
- HBO Seeks Sunday-Night Loyalty. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p30
Focuses on the Sunday television programs of Home Box Office. Highlights the television episode Six Feet Under; Release of the second season of home video series; Promotion of the programs through heavy print and outdoor advertisements.
- Trio Trumpets Performing-Arts Programs. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p10
Reports that cable network Trio has launched a series of programs on performing and cultural arts. Inclusion of the comedy classic 'Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In' in the programming; Presentation of daily concert series; Addition of documentaries and events that focus on the newsmakers.