Longevity does not run up Medicare expenditures
- Rehearsal for retirement. // DollarSense;Spring95, p6
Focuses on the addition of 28 years to the life span of the average American due to technological advances. Implications on workers' attitudes; Resistance to preparing for retirement; Shift of focus on retirement planning to personal savings; Possible decrease in the standard of living.
- Coming of age. Knighton, Simon // Public Finance;06/05/98, p20
Emphasizes that the longevity of the population will be one of the most pressing problem facing Great Britain. Average life expectancy of the people in Great Britain by year 2001; Public discussion and debate on how to approach and solve the problem brought about by longer life expectancy.
- Retirement Planning in the 21st Century. Anthes, William L.; Most, Bruce W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p88
Discusses the characteristics and challenges of retirement in the 21st century and the factors needed by consumers and planners to adapt to the environment. Overview of traditional retirement; Influence of increased longevity on the trend; Changes in the concepts of old; Reasons for early...
- The Extended Influence of 'Safe Withdrawl Rate' Research. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p28
The article explores research into the safe withdrawal rate (SWR) of investment assets for financial planning clients to maintain a constant standard of living without running out of money. SWRs are generally calculated using lifetime cash-flow projection (LCP) and Monte Carlo statistical...
- Smart Social Security strategies. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Dec2013, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p8
The article offers recommendations for optimizing U.S.. Social Security benefits for retirement income. It is noted that average monthly benefits for life increase by eight percent for each year a person delays receiving retirement benefits. Other topics include the longevity risk of living...
- Retiring? You have a choice to make on Medicare. Moos, Bob // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/6/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 32, p5A
The article presents the author's views on the selection of medicare plans at the time of retirement as it covers majority expenses of health care.
- Medicare Meaningful Use in a MACRA World. Hettiger, Stacey P. // Michigan Medicine;Jan/Feb2017, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p10
Several questions and answers related to the Merit-Based Payment System (MIPS) for Medicare payment are presented including investment in Certified Electronic Health Record Technology (CEHRT), the need to attest if the Medicare Meaningful use (MU) is going away and requirement for the Advancing...
- Medicare cost report audit process running smoothly. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun96, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p7
Reports on a 1996 survey of a majority of audited providers indicating that the new Medicare cost report audit process runs very well and is an improvement over the previous year's. Evaluation of the success of the revised audit process; Areas in which Medicare fiscal intermediaries did well;...
- Medicare payment updates for FY 1995 released. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the updated Medicare-payment for fiscal year 1995. Increase percentage of payment rates for rural and urban hospitals; AHA's estimated cost of the proposed change in the definition of transfers.